automatic whistle post with horn duration and or sequence

justinroth

was wondering if this exists? I have tried the invisible whistle post but this only triggers a short toot, pretty much useless as far as I can see. What would be great is a whistle post with editable duration or even a sequence for crossings. I am aware of the hornz rule but placing triggers trackmarks ect ect seems like a huge pain that wouldn't result in a realistic fashion anyway.

I have used various Whistle Post (s) and Bell trackside signs to automaticly make loco sounds with hornz and bellz.

One is a B&M Whistle Post, and there are several others

I've modded the B&M whistle post's script to make different length blasts. I have them in XLong, Long, Medium, Short, and XShort. The XLong blows a 3 or 4 second blast. The XShort blows a half second blast. The others are somewhere in between. So, you can place a Long hornblower 1000 feet out from a crossing, another one 600 feet out, a Short hornblower 200 feet out, and another Long or an XLong 100 feet out. Distances and lengths may vary, depending on the speed limit.

I haven't uploaded them to the DLS yet, but I got the idea I could probably do so without having to contact anybody due to the original license. Is this true? I'll gladly put them up if so.

The other way to get this to work is to use an HTML script file that links to a trackmark. I got this to work ages ago, but it was a pain. For the horn I used a horn sound that was setup for railroad crossings.

John

If you're talking about my B&M Sequencer post, I have no probs with you modding the script, but you prolly should touch base with the author of the mesh/object for permission to upload it as I did.

Back