Downer EDI Rail GT46C

G'day!

Some manners would be nice. You won't get content if you ask like that.

Cheers!

Jake.

Would anyone make this locomotive? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downer_EDI_Rail_GT46C V544 and FQ03 are on the DLS, but they don't look like the real ones.

That's because they're just reskins of Colhad/Leon's Westrail P class, a totally different design. They still look the part regardless.

That Wikipedia article is a little out of date though by the way - ARG were bought out by QR years ago (and hence the Q class were restored back to the 'Q' classification from the '4000 class' to avoid confusion with QR's own loco fleet.). Goes to show Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source for information. ;)

I apolgize.........

No need to apologize, although "please" would have been a word I would have used. I have wanted to create that particular locomotive (and similar types) for some time but other commitment in creating other locomotives pushed this further and further back. Probably one of these days....

Just a tiny question if I may? What makes a US of A person to like Australian locomotives? Is it their uniqueness, their different look or is this particular locomotive associated with something in your past?

I am not prying, just curious.

VinnyBarb

It's okay Devv, I think Rastis was slightly harsh, but then I think he mistook what I thought was just an innocent request for a 'gimmepig' rant, the later of which there is often a lot of sadly (I've even accidentally acted like one a couple of times without intent). Hence a lot of content makers rightly ignore specific requests, because they're often hassled by people unreasonably demanding content - some have even left Trainz completely because of it.

A Q class in Trainz would be awesome, but I have enough modern WA/Aussie loco stuff to amuse me as it is (mostly VinnyBarb's works of Trainz art), so lacking a Q on my route is no problem really.

EDIT: haha, you beat me to it Vinny! ;)

Last edited:
Hey Guys, im a really big fan of the ARG/QR Q Class (seeing them all the time in Western Australia) and also a fan of V544 AND The FQ's. May it be possible if someone could please make these locomotives in current liverys and previous liverys. If someone could please do this, i would be extremely happy.

Thanks

Brendan

Don't Bump old threads if you don't have any news or interesting things about the project.

Thank you very much :)

Back