Screenshot of the Week: 12/10/2012 to 12/17/2012 (Warning: potential for large shots)

Retro00064

Submission closed. The voting is here.

This week's theme: Passenger trains (suggested by heyrey).

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on December 17 at 12:00 a. m. UTC (December 16 at 7:00 p. m. here in the eastern U. S.), after which point voting will begin.

Next week will have no theme.

Please feel free to PM me with suggestions for themes, etc. They are much appreciated!

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Zachary.

Last edited:
b36592ea9bf0889ed82c4732daebc359.jpg

On a nippy morning in North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany the local train from Münster to Westenhagen is right before the arrival at the central station of Westenhagen.

kurz-vor-Einfahrt-Hbf.jpg

The Canadian

Here is an image of The Canadian crossing Stoney Creek bridge in British Columbia. The Canadian was used on the Canadian Pacific Railway from 1955 until 1978. Part of the "magic" of The Canadian was the futuristic Dome car at the back of the consist. I have revived The Canadian onto Roy Joosten's amazing route the "CPR Mountain Subdivision."

stoneycreekdome.jpg

Last edited:
Washington Grand Central Station, from my office window.

A note for you rivet counters, that is an ES44AH that has been specially modified by the mechanics at Arbor Line's Jefferson Facility for passenger service.

peter

Back