Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

Blog Entries

It should be on the new releases page methinks.
    It's good to be back here...

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Well I know for certain that I downloaded it from USLW's website a while ago, but is seems that it has been removed. However, if you look at DJReonic's August 3rd's post, you'll see that it did exist:
    http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showt...t=jointed+rail

United States of America, California, Burbank
    Blog Entries

I didn't check every single page - USLW's site seems to be designed to KEEP you from finding things....

Quote Originally Posted by frogpipe View Post
    I didn't check every single page - USLW's site seems to be designed to KEEP you from finding things....
    I know when they became part of Jointed Rail, they changed the site, then recently, they overhauled it, and now there is a "store" that has some of the free stuff in it too. I have to agree, it is pretty difficult to find anything, and I'm not sure if there is any search functionality on it now, but last time I used it, it never was really able to find anything. I've got to agree with you there, Ted!

Blog Entries

Well I agree too!! USLW is on the list for a complete overhaul after the 1st of the year. So much to do and so little time to do it!!

Mike

I have all ways wondered about tutorials. Payware toturials, you pay $??.?? for a tutorial which you can download. This would have to be thought of a lot but just another i dear out there. These could range from, 3dsmax, surveyor to reskining. I would gladly pay for these, as i said just an idea. Anyway, keep up the sweet work JR.

Cheers Daniel

Question

I'm a newbie around here even though I had TS2004 years ago, I never posted. I just bought TS12 a couple weeks ago and have been having a blast getting back into it. Been buying up JR locos over the past 2 weeks like theyre going out of style. Love em, I'm driving the wife crazy.

I have a rolling stock suggestion... So far I haven't seen anything on the DLS. How about some nice JR quality DOD-X military flat cars, with Abrams tanks and/or other hardware loaded? When I get home to my desktop I can post example photos I took in the Cajon Pass of an entire consist of brand new Stryker IFVs that rolled through.

Jointed Rail never ceases to impress me in terms of scripting with the new horn activated ditchlights so heres a probably highly advanced suggestion since your Locomotives don't work with the banking consist rule I was thinking could it be possible to have your locomotives and rolling stock tilt with the curve so it has a sort of automatic banking rule in it just a suggestion though
    Co- Owner of Carolina & Eastern WIP RR

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=kickZtailout;1085070... So far I haven't seen anything on the DLS.[/QUOTE]

please look for TRP. that is the reskins i was able to get permissions for... more reskins to come as well. -inprr

United States of America, California, San Jose
    Blog Entries

How about functional crane or MOW equipment? American Light Rail Vehicles? Or, how about passenger cars, updated for TS12?

Make train simulators great again #MTSGA obiter dictum

Maybe not locos, but how about more loco effects? I'd love to be able to open the engine doors on some of my JR content, and be able to start the engines from switches on the outside like the real thing. If I knew how to do it, I'd do it myself, but I'm an idiot who only knows how to build routes and run the trains, so I'll leave it to the professionals.

Heres a neat idea that needs to be made a track that has the jointed rail sound (not the rolling stock sound) but a literal Jointed rail I believe this would a very welcome piece of track
    Co- Owner of Carolina & Eastern WIP RR

Quote Originally Posted by CPman117 View Post
    Jointed Rail never ceases to impress me in terms of scripting with the new horn activated ditchlights so heres a probably highly advanced suggestion since your Locomotives don't work with the banking consist rule I was thinking could it be possible to have your locomotives and rolling stock tilt with the curve so it has a sort of automatic banking rule in it just a suggestion though
    the only way to do this would be using the same functions the banking rule does. it was an oversight by auran that causes these not to work with the rule, since opposing a.bog attachments exist in most of the locomotives, the rule has no effect on them.

United States of America, iowa, lost nation

I know this might be hard to do but could we have citys full of people and cars just like in the rel world? I just want to see a realistic map that looks real and feels like one.Plus can you guys make some Modern Engine houses with full services.Fule reload,wash bay,Mataince shop,Etc.Just a couple of things i'd thought i'd bring up.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

I looked up 'squeal' on the Download Station and I came up with the following:
    An object that had 'squeal' in it's description:

BNSF50 made 'Flange Curve Squeal' <kuid:39134:102473>. It's a 'Miscellaneous' type. Made for TRS2006 SP1 and up.

Natvander made 'NSW ML Concrete 5m SQ' <kuid:61119:1114>, which makes a 'squealing' sound since it's used for tighter curves. Please note that there are also other track that appears from Natvander, but they all have in the description: 'The 5m SQ track incorporates a wheel squeal sound effect for your tighter curves'. It's of course, a 'Track' type. Made for TRS2006 and up.

Natvaner also made 'Flange Squeal' <kuid:61119:1111>. It's not a 'Track' or 'Miscellaneous' type, but a 'HTML-Asset'. Made for TRS2006 and up.

Wiley4 made 'Steel_Flange' <kuid:45203:100825>. It's a 'Building - Structure' type. Made for Trainz Service Pack 3 and up.

An object that has 'squeal' in its name:

Dricketts made '#132 Jointed Slightly Used (Light Gray High Bllst) Squeal", <kuid2:135229:100287:2>. It's a 'Track' type, and is made for TS2009 and up. I believe he made some similar track.

BNSF50's 'Flange Curve Squeal' and Natvander's 'Flange Squeal' also appear, since they have 'squeal' in their name.
    Failure is always an option - Adam Savage, Mythbusters