Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

How about any of these cabooses
85-800.jpg

KPCAB5.jpg

tfnebzep4.JPG

images

images

Or anything else CB&Q or BN.

They do have textures that match, and its quite easy to use photoshop to swap the rail "shininess" around

OOOH those tracks look awesome! Perfect for shortlines and industrial tracks. Just wish they had jointbars. ;)

Here's an idea -

this is not a locomotive, but a feature for them so I'd say that it belongs here better.

On locomotives like SD40-2s, SD60s, etc where they were used with and without ditch lights there could be a script feature where you can toggle and on the 3D ditch lights. Kind of like the end doors on the new greenville gondolas, where you check a checkbox and the ditch lights appear. The only issue I could see here is with lighting attachment points though...

What about a Rail Crane with a boom that can go up and down
then fold away and also turn 360

Chris Sullivan

Conrail, those look spectacular!
Chadd04, where are these textures? I'll try Photoshopping, thanks for the suggestion!

I just clone the tracks and then swap JR's own textures around so that they match and I can make transitions between mainlines and sidings less noticeable. I post some images later.

I just saw Conrail45's new track. I agree, it's perfect for shortlines or industrial track. The little cranes might be nice to have as well.

Back