Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

I'd love to see vintage routes, like the horsshoe curve, water level route, with the proper trains. Grand central to albany or whatever, a Chicago route set in the old days from union station to englewood to racetrack...etc

That's some sad looking timber, nothing like the 4 and 6 log loads I would see when I was a kid.

Regards,

Ya, but they are payware. The ONLY thing free on their site is some 5 bay open hoppers.

Correction. They still have a good bit of freeware on the old site. And, they still have some freeware on the new site too. The older RRMods freeware is being updated by N8phu and released at the Erecting Hall.

amt1567.jpg

Definitely agree with the coils. This should be a simple addition. Ex wood chip hoppers filled with cotton seed for animal feed and covered with a tarp. I see them here in michigan in a couple different areas.
022214USmwcx102057woodchip-13R.jpg

Cotton-Seed-Dave-Bourema.jpg

Cotton-seed-Mike-H..jpg

100_6787.jpg

100_1783.jpg

Another new load for an existing car would be crushed glass for the 100 ton coal cars. We have a customer that trans loads crushed glass in to NS hoppers.
IMG_0244.JPG

DSCN3436.JPG

Last edited:
Cabooses are something that we kind of need more of. CNJ, PRR, N&W, NS, CSX, BNSF, UP, and so on, are a few of my ideas for roadnames. I was thinking both transition/steam era and diesel/modern era cabooses. The only freeware caboose so far is that CN one, which is fantastic, but it is the ONLY freeware one.

Last edited:
Those crushed glass loads are pretty sharp... LOL Seriously, lot's of good ideas in here.

Going to have to try these glass loads and hopper skins. Are you able to provide more info @Chadd04? If so shoot us an email. Thanks

Back