Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

Default Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

I thought id start a thread so people can post what they think Jointed Rail should make objects scripts locomotive effects so heres my list
    Breakdown chance- Probably near impossible to do however i think with enough time JR could pull it off
    Track scripts- Such as for Scratchy's Pittsburgh sub route on the curves when heading up to horseshoe curve youll hear this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shWxlUaRUQo The track Squeal/whine
    As far as locomotive scripts go i would love to see a script for Echoes for the horns and enginesounds however this should be a toggle feature so it can be turned on and off according to the route
    so just my 2 cents for Jointed Rail
    Co- Owner of Carolina & Eastern WIP RR

3 part hornsounds(horns that are quillable)

Quote Originally Posted by CPman117 View Post
    Track scripts- Such as for Scratchy's Pittsburgh sub route on the curves when heading up to horseshoe curve youll hear this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shWxlUaRUQo The track Squeal/whine
    As far as locomotive scripts go i would love to see a script for Echoes for the horns and enginesounds however this should be a toggle feature so it can be turned on and off according to the route

These would be great features!

Realist GEVO-12 sounds... Esepcially when they are screaming and realistic Dynamic braking sounds! I love those things when they head into Dynamics!
    Chris
    And as always, Have fun!

United States of America, California, Burbank
    Blog Entries

I haven't checked to see how it's done, but I've got boxcars right now that I downloaded from the DLS that have flange squeal when the cars go around curves.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    3 part hornsounds(horns that are quillable)
    I would start doing more of these but the three-part system in TRS doesn't fade right, so in between the horn_start and loop sounds there is a one second period where both files play at full volume with no crossfading, causing a spontaneous loud burst of honk. If N3V fixes this transitioning issue I'll consider making more than the few tests that I have now

United States of America, New York City, Manhattan

Enzo1 Did you see this thread yet?

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showt...ounds-released
    Alonzo Gardner

Yes like the k5LAs and p5s on some NS locos
    Trainz NS Railz Co-owner and Trainz Divide route builder

Quote Originally Posted by frogpipe View Post
    I haven't checked to see how it's done, but I've got boxcars right now that I downloaded from the DLS that have flange squeal when the cars go around curves.
    Hey think you could post the kuid for those?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Gimme til tomorrow and I'll post em. They are in a preset consist so I have to figure out which cars they are and double check it's not the track... (now that I think of it) but the track is Auran Oak 2009 or Auran Jarrah 2009 so I don't think it's the track.

I'll get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lorma View Post
    Wait a moment, yes and no... I opened it and never downloaded *Huge Face Palm* Thanks for hitting me with it again! Those fools who are out all day can be forgetful sometimes lol (That fool would be me)
    Chris
    And as always, Have fun!

a More realistic tracksound take this video from Railworks 3 with the tracksounds in it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zldzHqrkBeo
    i would absolutely love to hear this type of tracksound in trainz
    Co- Owner of Carolina & Eastern WIP RR

Absolutely! The sound effects present now are a lot better, but that horrible clickety-clack still overpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by CPman117 View Post
    a More realistic tracksound take this video from Railworks 3 with the tracksounds in it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zldzHqrkBeo
    i would absolutely love to hear this type of tracksound in trainz

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

USLW.net offers a pack named "132# Jointed Rail Track" or "#132 Jointed Rail Track" that features tracks that have a squealing sound that may work for your need. I tried using it with the Jointed Rail track, but the roadbed for this track is not as 'wide' as the Jointed Rail track. The pack also comes with a texture that matches the roadbed that the tracks use.

Blog Entries

Wait, is it Jointed Rail Track, or JointedRail track?

So, at USLW.net I find (the hard fuggin way...)

None of those names match exactly, can you say which one you were thinking of? (BTW I think 132lb Rail Joint is a track object, and not actual track)

Meanwhile, I had a look and I was WRONG. The flange squeals I hear were coming from SPAWNING cars emitting from a Portal Basic Short nearby. It seems that the sound comes from the game engine as I can't find it associated with ANYTHING, not bogeys, cars, locos, or track (or even the portal)....

Sorry to have misled you....