Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

only the first one would be valid, the others you posted there dont make much sense and are not found anywhere in the real world. there would not be a need for a signal capable of displaying all of that, it would be on an as-needed basis.

i dont have a single head capable of displaying restricting, but there will be some dual heads that can show more for special use pretty soon. a great deal of what you put up there is already part of the library.

or just make the the bottom heads of the signals Green-Amber-Lunar-Red then:

Green-Amber-Lunar-Red
Green-Amber-Red - Green-Amber-Lunar-Red
Green-Amber-Red - Blank - Green-Amber-Lunar-Red
Green-Amber-Red - Green-Amber-Red - Green-Amber-Lunar-Red

But what I am looking for is a signal that can be reconfigured ONLY
by changing a config txt file (thus the Lunar in all positions)

or through settings when placing the signals in surveyor like grahamsea's signals

for example the Lunar for Restricting and Flashing Red for Stop & Proceed (when without a number board) can be in any position:
Sg_Res3.gif
Sg_ResF3.gif
Sg_StpPro3.gif

Last edited:
How about updated passenger cars, zephyr, daylight articulated, super chief, etc. ??? TS12 versions with details.

Restricting Aspect

I have an idea regarding the restricting aspect on some of the smart signals. The idea is a user selectable setting in surveyor that allows the signal to go into restricting if it detects that the track ahead is unsignaled. Something to the effect of, "Allow restricting state if line ahead is unsignaled:Yes/No", with default being, "No". Some good uses I can see would be entrances to yards or unsignaled sidings. I mention this because I remember a little discussion a while back about the restricting aspect and thought it could be a useful little addition.
Cheers,

-trainman184

Passenger cars and more passenger cars. Especially Northeast fallen flags, Amtrak heritage and non Superliners like Amfleets and regionals like NJ Transit and such. There really is a dearth of high quality passenger cars out there.

Also, I remember some people working on Amtrak Metroliners years ago.. That would also be great to have .

Ok this is the thread i wanted. How about some Trinity hoppers, mainly 3 and 4 bay since Dave already made so 2 bays. There quite popular on grain trains and the four bays can be found at ethanol plants.
CGEX_1895_Cargill_3-Bay_Trinity_Hopper_Eastbound_Manchester_GA_07-03-11.184170005_std.jpg

ADMX_64545_4-Bay_Trinity_Hopper_Eastbound_Manchester_GA_07-03-11.184160738_std.jpg

I would like to see grade xing with some kind of trigger system that you could attach on both ends anywhere on the track. The game would be so much more realistic if you could get the crossings to lower at a certain point.

How about some Roadrailers? They ran on Tehachapi and are still running today on the East coast. I would like to see them in Triple Crown and Swift.
TJ

How about some Roadrailers? They ran on Tehachapi and are still running today on the East coast. I would like to see them in Triple Crown and Swift.
TJ

We just might get measurements of a certain Triple Crown roadrailer somewhere relatively close to a certain someone in the group ( hi!) sometime this year. Just saying...dont go expecting it this year or anything hehe

I had that thought in the back of my mind to. By the way everyone, the CRHS which Kevin is a part of is in possesion of a roadrailer which would make it pretty easy to get measurments if he can find the time to go make them. Does that mean a camp car could be in the making as well?
TJ

I had that thought in the back of my mind to. By the way everyone, the CRHS which Kevin is a part of is in possesion of a roadrailer which would make it pretty easy to get measurments if he can find the time to go make them. Does that mean a camp car could be in the making as well?
TJ

I'm sure its doable, but its a matter of the time investment to do it and all. We will see as always I cant tell you when it'll happen but the idea is there and its accessible at least to us so it works well as far as getting what we need.

Back