Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

Yes some of those for sure especially restricting. I also don't need the latest rules such as the ones installed on many GO Transit sections like advanced this and advanced this other than stop.

Thanks

Sean

prr-unk-car.jpg

can't find a single stand in for freight cars like this

At this point there is a a few good cabs on the DLS for SD70's and ES44's. Just get those

Problem is that they're too high when you put them on a JR locomotive.

p.s. Bringing back the HighHood Sd40-2's from NS would be a great idea. I would also suggest that the diesel script could implement the start/stop function.

Well, half of those are N&W CPLs, not PRR position lights... So yeah. All the pieces for the PRR stuff are there, you just have to figure it out.

I don't really post on here because I am a UK enthusiast but my grandfather is a huge fan of JR's Erie Lackawanna locomotives since he worked on the railroad as an engineer.

Would it be possible for them to make more of them like a Fairbanks Morse or a U33C?

Wasn't aware of this thread (I usually don't post on these fourms very often) but I posted on another Jointed Rail related thread:

"Why not make a command in which we can run our locomotive in HEP mode, especially for passenger locomotives. Simply click the command, a pop-up will appear, and we can enter in however much RPM that we need to run. Then instead of the train idling with the idle_1.wav file (or n0.wav file for JR's advanced enginesounds), it instead idle's with whatever idle enginesound is used when it's at a certain HEP. For example, a P42 needs to run at 900rpm in order for HEP to work. We can use the command, type in 900 as the value, then it would idle with the notch 7 idle sound.

Speaking of JR's advanced enginesounds, I recently downloaded their RBMN locomotives and I was surprised to see that they added a startup/shutdown feature on their engines, as well as some much needed dynamic brake sounds (all of the trainz simulator games use the throttle sounds instead of dynamic brake sounds, which takes away from the realism imo). Although at first, the sounds ended up playing for only a few seconds and in increments, I was able to fix them by extending the dbend.wav, dbrake.wav, and dbstart.wav to 10 seconds and it sound almost perfectly. Just a suggestion but maybe upgrade all of the Jointed Rail locomotives with these enginesounds, as well as upgrading the enginesounds themselves to advanced? I'm aware that they only work with the jr_loco.gs script and not the fx_loco.gs script, as well as some config file editing for the locomotives, but it's still a neat idea. I was able to do it myself on my Amtrak P42, UP SD70M, and my BNSF SD70ACe on TRS2019 (though I sadly cannot modify any of the JR locomotives that are default on TRS2019). And hey, maybe add in the hep idea that I suggested."

I would like to see more payware cabooses, especially for fallen flag railroads like DT&I, PC and Southern to name a few. There seems to be limited options out there for cabooses that match JR standards for detail and road specific details.

I would like to see Justin from Jointed Rail make these following aspects of the PRR Signals

showimage.php

{pics removed}

Those are close, but actually color-position-light (CPL) signals that were once used on the Baltimore and Ohio and Norfolk and Western

https://www.railroadsignals.us/signals/nwcpl/index.htm

https://www.railroadsignals.us/signals/cpl/index.htm

They are based on the position light signals from PRR so you're pretty close. :)

Sadly all these signals are disappearing now in favor of the generic and blah Saftran signals.

Originally Posted by PBY357 ^

"Some OMYA rollingstock or even just a kaolin tank in general would be much appreciated".

Yes Absolutely! I would very much appreciate as well the OMYA rolling stock, specifically pressurized hoppers and the kaolin tank wagon :) .

Back