Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

Count me in as a third on some more cabooses.

One particular section of Trainz I see has a glaring hole rolling stock wise and are intermodal cars such as fuel-foilers, front runners, single unit tofc flats, and cofc only flats to name a few types. I know there are quite a bit of more modern double stack cars and TOFC/COFC flats from Jointed Rail, RRMods, and on the DLS. I have a few sources for reference photos but when it comes to the subject of finding drawings for much of the cars it turns into quite the hunt. I need a little help as I don't know who to talk to or get in contact with e-mails when it comes to suggesting the idea. If anyone wants to PM me for more details I am free to chat.

Last edited:
One that could be easy to do, at least for you...

We now see many 4000cf Rotary Gondolas used for scrap metal. I did a small (very small) reskin on your BCNE one, but making a load of shredded scrap metal and/or scrap metal chunks is over my capacity. That would effectively double the use of these fine models and I do not doubt that would be used by may others.

Thanks.

Pretty good idea since a good portion of these cars are used for scrap or railroad ties these days. I might do this some day

Pretty good idea since a good portion of these cars are used for scrap or railroad ties these days. I might do this some day

BNSF and UP use these also for buffers on oil and ethanol trains too, so theres a good use for em :)

How about some of these flip style derails? They are quite common on today's railroads, used to protect the main from free rolling cars.
Derail950.JPG

dehd1.jpg

What would be useful would be a crossing that you could click on and drop a simulated fusee to flag the crossing that would stop traffic for a set period of time until the fusee burned out.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but especially with all the recent attention - how about a Ringling Bros & Barnum and Bailey train pack? Maybe four passenger car variations and the flats with the trailers on them? Enough to not be a crazy amount of work to put together, but enough to make a convincing consist with.

They do look quite nice, actually.

I was looking at these hoppers today - derailment courtesy 51° weather.
I thought the logo on the hoppers looked good and I quite liked the colour, actually.
(Pity about the derailment, although. Lots of sand everywhere)

colour.jpg

Back