Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

We know the freeware section if JointedRail has the SP GS-4: http://jointedrail.com/product/sp-gs4/

My suggestion is an auxiliary tender and set of passenger coaches to match.

I may have missed them, but while searching the DLS I did not find any all steel construction GS (general service) gondolas, all appeared to be fixed bottom. There are some very nice composite drop bottom gondolas by lilb, but not what I was looking for. So I thought I would throw these in the suggestion box. Any consideration would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ATSF 65004-66999 built by ATSF 1953-54

dIpkAVg.jpg

DRGW 72000-73699 built by GATC 1953-54

7eUcd9T.jpg

NP 58250-58999 built by Pressed Steel Car 1940

VPScChA.jpg

UP 65000-66799 built by GATC 1951

sA1NSam.jpg

SP&S
7ROqyYD.jpg

SP
fhvsebk.jpg

WP
ePs5b6x.jpg

I'd like to see some ATSF Thrall coal gondolas...

Kind of funny- this was the first railcar model I ever exported for trainz, maybe 8 or 9 years ago. Matt has done some CN/Sultran/BCNE 4000cuFt gons that are pretty similar. I don't know if they were also built by thrall or are a similar construction but there's a chance of the ATSF GA-152's you pictured appearing someday.

Kind of funny- this was the first railcar model I ever exported for trainz, maybe 8 or 9 years ago. Matt has done some CN/Sultran/BCNE 4000cuFt gons that are pretty similar. I don't know if they were also built by thrall or are a similar construction but there's a chance of the ATSF GA-152's you pictured appearing someday.

Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing those. They look pretty close, I'll see about skinning one up some day.

Matt

There are some things I want out of JR, which aren't content, but some changes to the website.

• A wish-list function, to store a list of content you want to buy, but can't afford just yet.
  • Being able to store points forever. I'm sure you have your reasons, but for those of us who shop for payware infrequently, it's not of much use to us if the points you've gathered disappear.
  • A newsletter. Some of us don't visit the forum very frequently, and the announcement threads are often buried quite a few threads down, so a e-mail newsletter would be quite useful.
  • More categories when searching for products. It's not terribly fun to find products for a particular fallen flag, because they're grouped together into a blob. Some other sections share this problem.
  • A more focused issue - What happened to the F7s, and is the Catskill RS1 supposed to be freeware, or is it a Club Car item? If it's a Club Car item, please remove the freeware tag, and if it's supposed to be freeware, release it to the masses.

That's all the suggestions I have for the moment, and I hope these are useful, and that you consider them.

Edit: Remembered another useful feature. The ability to, at some point in the process, add attachments to a support ticket. This would be handy for showing specific problems that might be difficult to describe.

Last edited:
JR should do a route module of a Great Lakes port. Grain, Coal, Oil and Ore docks. It would be pretty awesome to see some high detail Huletts that could potentially be animated and interactive. Such a modual could be a modern industial road or a mid 20th century fallen flag.

Ore jennies! Using JR rolling stock we can haul coal to the furnace's, coke to the mills, steel products from the mills, but we cant get to the ore to them!

5471227285_d9e40e38fe_b.jpg

Dosent have to be any road in general, could just be a JR reporting mark, but we need somethin! :hehe:

Limestone/ rock cars would also be interesting.
1rfbxhopper1594ashlandky.jpg

I'd like to see a forestry fire lookout tower. Lots of places (Eagle River, Coal Country, and others) where it could be placed. It needs to be fairly tall though.
stelprdb5287588.jpg

As I mentioned in a different thread, I'm building in Trainz 2019 a close replica of the BNSF River Subdivision, and that line has plenty of steel moving from Birmingham, AL to points north. These covered coil cars (40'-3" according to BNSF's spec sheet) are present in almost every Memphis, TN to Galesburg, IL train that goes across the rails. Having them in-game would be an absolute treat.

d03630cf5187e7e184bdfc498367b2f9.jpg

021409USbnsfshort-22R.jpg

090813USbnsf534237coil-19R.jpg

090813USbm685077coil-20R.jpg

Other covered (and uncovered) coil car models are fairly common, but this style is the most prevalent.

Perhaps some more autoracks?
[FONT=&quot]
XPngQ3k.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
pTgOitp.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
IzEYb8s.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
uXCN3kv.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
68pkLlZ.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Any plans to make a jointed version of the new JR track? Simulatortrains tracks were a nice touch, but I haven't seen much from him lately.

JR does have some nice Bethgons on the DLS, but some weathered variants would be great. Shiny clean coal cars are virtually nonexistent lol

more autoracks would be nice especially if they were filthy. not too many clean ones out there. there are some on jrs site that are weathered. some dirty bethgons would be nice. lets face it cars get dirty and seriously doubt any get washed often.

Has anyone considered making electric switch indicators? They are becoming more common on high traffic TWC routes or in areas where a conductor might have to walk 100 cars to reline a mainline switch. My understanding is green indicates normal route while yellow is the diverging route. Red or lunar shows when a train has occupied the "block". (im not sure how this part would be added, maybe have the train trigger it when it enters the switch zone that can be set?)
WyclYKK.jpg

Iwa90tn.jpg

photos from Spencer ohio on the Wheeling.
03.14.16-PAL-2111-SB-loaded-coal-train-and-2121-NB-Princeton-Ky.jpg

WEB-09.28.18-PAL-Local-2118-in-yard-at-Princeton-Ky.jpg

Princeton on the P&L

Last edited:
Back