Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

I have all ways wondered about tutorials. Payware toturials, you pay $??.?? for a tutorial which you can download. This would have to be thought of a lot but just another i dear out there. These could range from, 3dsmax, surveyor to reskining. I would gladly pay for these, as i said just an idea. Anyway, keep up the sweet work JR.

Cheers Daniel

I'm a newbie around here even though I had TS2004 years ago, I never posted. I just bought TS12 a couple weeks ago and have been having a blast getting back into it. Been buying up JR locos over the past 2 weeks like theyre going out of style. Love em, I'm driving the wife crazy.

I have a rolling stock suggestion... So far I haven't seen anything on the DLS. How about some nice JR quality DOD-X military flat cars, with Abrams tanks and/or other hardware loaded? When I get home to my desktop I can post example photos I took in the Cajon Pass of an entire consist of brand new Stryker IFVs that rolled through.

Jointed Rail never ceases to impress me in terms of scripting with the new horn activated ditchlights so heres a probably highly advanced suggestion since your Locomotives don't work with the banking consist rule I was thinking could it be possible to have your locomotives and rolling stock tilt with the curve so it has a sort of automatic banking rule in it just a suggestion though

kickZtailout;1085070... So far I haven't seen anything on the DLS.[/QUOTE said:
please look for TRP. that is the reskins i was able to get permissions for... more reskins to come as well. -inprr

How about functional crane or MOW equipment? American Light Rail Vehicles? Or, how about passenger cars, updated for TS12?

Maybe not locos, but how about more loco effects? I'd love to be able to open the engine doors on some of my JR content, and be able to start the engines from switches on the outside like the real thing. If I knew how to do it, I'd do it myself, but I'm an idiot who only knows how to build routes and run the trains, so I'll leave it to the professionals.

Heres a neat idea that needs to be made a track that has the jointed rail sound (not the rolling stock sound) but a literal Jointed rail I believe this would a very welcome piece of track

Jointed Rail never ceases to impress me in terms of scripting with the new horn activated ditchlights so heres a probably highly advanced suggestion since your Locomotives don't work with the banking consist rule I was thinking could it be possible to have your locomotives and rolling stock tilt with the curve so it has a sort of automatic banking rule in it just a suggestion though

the only way to do this would be using the same functions the banking rule does. it was an oversight by auran that causes these not to work with the rule, since opposing a.bog attachments exist in most of the locomotives, the rule has no effect on them.

I know this might be hard to do but could we have citys full of people and cars just like in the rel world? I just want to see a realistic map that looks real and feels like one.Plus can you guys make some Modern Engine houses with full services.Fule reload,wash bay,Mataince shop,Etc.Just a couple of things i'd thought i'd bring up.

I looked up 'squeal' on the Download Station and I came up with the following:
An object that had 'squeal' in it's description:

BNSF50 made 'Flange Curve Squeal' <kuid:39134:102473>. It's a 'Miscellaneous' type. Made for TRS2006 SP1 and up.

Natvander made 'NSW ML Concrete 5m SQ' <kuid:61119:1114>, which makes a 'squealing' sound since it's used for tighter curves. Please note that there are also other track that appears from Natvander, but they all have in the description: 'The 5m SQ track incorporates a wheel squeal sound effect for your tighter curves'. It's of course, a 'Track' type. Made for TRS2006 and up.

Natvaner also made 'Flange Squeal' <kuid:61119:1111>. It's not a 'Track' or 'Miscellaneous' type, but a 'HTML-Asset'. Made for TRS2006 and up.

Wiley4 made 'Steel_Flange' <kuid:45203:100825>. It's a 'Building - Structure' type. Made for Trainz Service Pack 3 and up.

An object that has 'squeal' in its name:

Dricketts made '#132 Jointed Slightly Used (Light Gray High Bllst) Squeal", <kuid2:135229:100287:2>. It's a 'Track' type, and is made for TS2009 and up. I believe he made some similar track.

BNSF50's 'Flange Curve Squeal' and Natvander's 'Flange Squeal' also appear, since they have 'squeal' in their name.

My request isn't necessarily what was stated in the OP but I would like to see an updated Dependency section. What I mean by that is when your missing a dependency for one of their locomotives and you go and look in their Dependency section, there is no way to determine exactly what you need. My suggestion is having a picture of the KUID instead of their logo, and the KUID number and name listed below. This would make things a whole lot easier.

My request isn't necessarily what was stated in the OP but I would like to see an updated Dependency section. What I mean by that is when your missing a dependency for one of their locomotives and you go and look in their Dependency section, there is no way to determine exactly what you need. My suggestion is having a picture of the KUID instead of their logo, and the KUID number and name listed below. This would make things a whole lot easier.

use the search function and enter the kuid.

I agree on the NYC signals. On a side note I can`t find any anywhere :(

There used to be a site by grahamsea (sp) and he had N&W, CSX and the NYC trilights. I am using these now, they are scripted, time consuming and not very bright, unlike JR signals. I could send them over as a cdp file.....I cannot seem to be able to contact theoriginal author but they.were distributed free on the net so I don't see a problem.
Sorry for the off topic post :)

I would like to see new track sounds and coupler slack sound and a script that makes the slamming sound that brakes make when they are applied and the sound when they are released. I think this will create a lot more realism for this game.

188992_514802388561204_853880321_n.jpg

only the first one would be valid, the others you posted there dont make much sense and are not found anywhere in the real world. there would not be a need for a signal capable of displaying all of that, it would be on an as-needed basis.

i dont have a single head capable of displaying restricting, but there will be some dual heads that can show more for special use pretty soon. a great deal of what you put up there is already part of the library.

Back