Multiplayer Problem

Propeller

I have been running in multiplayer(MP) mode with Thompson and Western MP Session v2.1. I have been using TrainSpeak to communicate to all my fellow drivers. This has been fantastic experience except that Trainz will shut down without any notice. Sometimes only a few minutes will be between shutdowns on other times it will be a half hour running between the collapse. Each time I restart the session and pick the same driver I will have the engine where it lrft off. We have tried all kinds of running conditions to try and determining what trigers the shut down. Most of the shut downs appear to be associated with a mouse click, many times the right button click.We have run both Trainz and TeamSpeak as an adminstrator and normal, both have the unexpected shut downs. Any hints what could be causing the problem? We are running TS12. The shut downs have mainly been with my machine, the other drivers continue on.

Last edited:
This is not an easy question to answer. The computer shutdown (or crash) could be caused by several things. I would say your computer crashes when you go to another location?. Is this correct. selecting a driver can also cause your computer to crash. One possible reason is that your computer specs are too low and when you change locations it can,t handle it. I would sugest you could try changing the parameters for Trainz in the options tab to a lower setting. For example reducing the draw distance. You could also post your specs so that somebody with more computer know how than me could give you an opinion. Moving on, another thing you should do is go into content manager (CM) and check the route AND session for faulty dependencies. A faulty dependency has been known to cause crashes. After you have checked that it is also a good idea to delete obsolete content. You should then do an extended database repair AND restart your computer. If you still have problems try deleting the route/session and reinstalling them. I noted that you ran Teamspeak and Trainz both as administrator and normal. A problem with Teamspeak should not affect Trainz and if you have an up to date computer e.g. Vista, Win7, you shoud run Trainz in administration mode.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comment colourlight. My system: Intel Core i5-2500k cpu @ 3.3GHz 3.8GHz. Ram 8Gb. Liguid Cooled CPU Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Service Pack 1

That looks good so I would check the internet connection and router if you are wireless. Some times they hickup and that is enough to knock you off but not shut you down.

I ran for two hours and five minutes without a problem this morning. Before I started running I checked the JetLog.TXT file. It was labeled with yesterdays date and had a lot of errors listed. None made sense to me. After running today without any failures I looked again at JetLog. It had not changed, it still was dated yesterday. I'm assuming it will be overweitten with a new file if errors happen.

Jim,

Check your Windows Event Log. This will give you a hint as to what caused the crash.

Right-click on computer (my computer in Windows XP).
Choose Manage
Choose Event Viewer
Choose Windows Logs
Choose Applications.

Log is latest on top, so you'll have to scroll down to find when the crash last occurred.

Look through here for any errors. You'll see a red !.

This could be driver-related, or perhaps something else.
The errors will have an Event ID, etc. that can be looked up on the internet. Here's an example of something that crashed on my PC. I have no idea what this is other than something to do with MSVC.

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 12/6/2012 4:54:53 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: i3770-Z77
Description:
Faulting application name: dmwu.exe, version: 2.0.0.3, time stamp: 0x506b062b
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.1, time stamp: 0x4d5f034a
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x00000000000761c9
Faulting process id: 0x514
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdd3fc5258e6dd
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmwu.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: 900e344e-3fef-11e2-be89-00224d87d89b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

John

Back