Newby needs units haha

stevowoolham

Hi chaps,
Im new to trainz and loving it so far cant wait to explore more of the trainz universe haha, i have stupidly let my FCT run out :( and i desperately need some modern DMU's and a modern uk route on CDP, if possible im looking for,
FTPE- class 185 (lovely unit!!!) also i am aware of Nexusdj's 185 it looks stunning, i just dont know how to get in touch with him!
Class 153
Class 158
Class 170
Class 175 (hippo)
If anyone could point me in the right direction with some wisdom i would hugely appreciate that!!!
Thanks guys,
Steve

Last edited:
Welcome to Trainz Steve! :D

As BD1 mentioned, sadly your version of Trainz is an older version that is no longer directly supported by Auran/N3V, and hence, to access the Download Station (DLS) to download additional content (trains, tracks, scenery, routes etc), you either have to purchase and register a supported version (2009/2010/2012/Mac/iPad etc), or purchase what is called a 'First Class Ticket', which is virtually a subscription to the DLS. The FCT is preferable as the 'free' DLS restricts download speeds to dial-up equivalents regardless of how fast your internet connection is, as well as only allowing you to download no more than 100 mb of content a day. However as mentioned, the latest versions have far tougher system requirements than what 2006 does, so if you only have an older PC you might have problems running newer versions. Both the latest versions of Trainz and the FCT can be purchased from a link on the DLS above.

Another alternative to the DLS is to use third-party websites which have 2006 content for free download - there are far too many to list here but a good place to start searching might be the 2006 subforum. A Google search should also turn up something as well. :)

Anyway, once again, welcome to the wonderful world of Trainz! :D

Hi Enkidoh, BD1,

Thanks for your replys, i know 06 is a bit last year ;) but ive wanted this sim since it first came out and i finally have my own PC to have it on now basically haha im over the moon!, thats no problem im currently saving for a more powerful machine so i can get 10/12 (cant wait)!.
Thankyou for the warm welcome and for your help!! :)
Cheers guys
Steve.

Hi chaps,
Im new to trainz and loving it so far cant wait to explore more of the trainz universe haha, i have stupidly let my FCT run out :( and i desperately need some modern DMU's and a modern uk route on CDP, if possible im looking for,
FTPE- class 185 (lovely unit!!!) also i am aware of Nexusdj's 185 it looks stunning, i just dont know how to get in touch with him!
Class 153
Class 158
Class 170
Class 175 (hippo)
If anyone could point me in the right direction with some wisdom i would hugely appreciate that!!!
Thanks guys,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forums.

As for your list:

Class 153/158: These are available on the Download Station, but you will need to either buy a First Class Ticket, or purchase and register TS2009 or later.
Class 170 - The main vendor for these closed down in January this year.
Class 175 - I'm not aware of any of these being produced.
Class 185 - nexusdj normally crops up in the Screenshots forum, so you may be able to catch him there.

Shane

Hi Shane,

I think i have some catching up to do! ;) ahhh thats no worries, ill se if i can catch myself a Nexus soon!
Cheers for your help,

Steve

Ah that may be useful at some point! should be okay for now though its just the 185 to be fair, would love that unit, patience is the key i reckon :)
Cheers

Steve.

Back