AI drivers

tomjan9687

hi, i have a question, if i drive a route.. suddenly after a couple of minutes, there is another train.. i don`t know where its comming from, another train and so on the whole time??, is this a script or something? how can i remove this ?

Does the route contain a portal that is spawning AI trains? When you open the route in Surveyor are there already consists in place? If so, modify or delete the portals and/or do the same to the consists.

Does the route contain a portal that is spawning AI trains? When you open the route in Surveyor are there already consists in place? If so, modify or delete the portals and/or do the same to the consists.

Yes it contains portals, no i don`t see any trains ( need to check it) what does portals do?,

Portals can be set to spawn trains. Check them in surveyor, or check the session to see if they are set to spawn trains.

ok guys, the name of the route is, Belazino - Mosti, maybe stupid question?, but how can i see of the portal(s) are set for spawning ?

Okay, and are you driving a session based on the route, or have you made your own session on the route?

Yes it contains portals, no i don`t see any trains ( need to check it) what does portals do?,

Portals do the following:

• Spawn (create) new trains
  • Destroy (remove from the game) trains that drive into them
Spawned trains come from:​

1. [*=1]A preset list of trains set in surveyor
    [*=1]A previously destroyed train from the same or another portal
Destroyed trains are either:

1. [*=1]Gone for good
    [*=1] Saved to be re-spawned in the same or another portal
When re-spawning, the portal can:

1. [*=1]Load the train
    [*=1] Unload the train
Lastly the portal can be set to only accept certain trains (I have no experience with this)

On my route I have a double track mainline that crosses the mainline that is the subject of my layout. On that double track mainline I have 4 portals, 1 for each end of each track. I have one portal set to spawn trains at the East end. These trains drive to a portal on the West end. They then re-spawn from the other West end portal, and drive back to the other East end portal, where they are destroyed and removed from the game.

This allows the other set of tracks to be "moving scenery" instead of just a pair of empty tracks passing over my mainline.

ok guys, the name of the route is, Belazino - Mosti, maybe stupid question?, but how can i see of the portal(s) are set for spawning ?

Ok the "Mast port vix" produces a train every 14 min. If you go to the route and edit it. Go to objects then click on the ? and then the portal and it will show you how it is set. If you change it in the route it will save as a new route to your KUID.

Of course, changing a portal to stop outputting trains may deprive an industry of needed materiel, in which case the session may not work so well. Unless of course, you are taking over the jobs of any AI trains you are removing.

Ok. Thanks. With the "?" It worked. Is there à way to change THE name of THE spawn ai driver ?

sorry for THE typing errors. Typing this on my phone

Ok. Thanks. With the "?" It worked. Is there à way to change THE name of THE spawn ai driver ?

sorry for THE typing errors. Typing this on my phone

Yes you can rename the drivers. I usually put a -P after their names so I know that they've come out of a portal.

John

Yeah, scroll down to the bottom of the consist and you'll see the driver and his/her command list - If you change the driver you'll have to manually rebuild the command list for the new one.

Back