Tank car contents

Chuck_in_NH

How can I get the oil refinery to load tank cars specified as petrol or aviation fuel. I specified the car contents using Surveyor, but Driver changes contents to diesel!
Even if there is a residual of petrol or aviation fuel left in the tanker, Driver still loads diesel.

You have to configure the industry in the session.

87121683.jpg

Select the object tab, select the question mark icon, then click on the industry and wait - after a bit a menu like that will appear. By default this one gives priority to diesel and won't load the others until it runs out, so set the rate and start amount to zero and it will load aviation fuel. Or, set diesel and aviation fuel to zero rate zero start amount and it will load Petrol Fuel.

You can also use the "Load With" driver command <kuid:526726:100010>: See the picture

Loadwith.jpg

You can also choose multiple products, as long as that industry will produce them and your car is configured to carry them. As an example, the Refinery produces 3 products, and if you at least 6 cars to load, as the first car loads with diesel, remove the diesel load with icon, and the next queued product will load.
1. Issue a "Drive To:" your industry Icon will appear lower left
2. Choose Driver Command : Load With
a. A flyout menu will appear with list of products
b. Choose your product
3. Loading With icon will appear next to Industry icon, hover cursor over icon to make sure you have chosen the correct product

You can also use the Commodity Picker as long as your car is configured to load your choice.

John

Last edited:
I made some US Rail tankers 60' that are set to be only diesel/petrol/avgas/crude by default, just for that refinery. Get one set of cars and make the petrol, switch to a different set and go get a different product and so forth. You can also put 3 or 4 of each type in a consist and they will get what they're supposed to.

Back