Triple crown roadrailer

bmjank

I'm wondering if jointed rail has given any thought about doing some roadrailers? The ones out there are very outdated and do not :'( even look good with any of your stuff.

We've thought about it yes, but lack good plans for them as of right now. However I do have access to a Roadrailer on a daily basis that the CR Historical Society owns thru a gracious donation from Triple Crown so maybe one of these days I can fully measure it up and get some good detail pics for a good model of one. Definitely wont be one of those things that gets made yesterday though! The one the CRHS owns is a Mark V type Roadrailer such as the one below.

e34062a6bbbdf91317eea3fe22f6e300.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. Although I am not a huge fan of RoadRailers from the point-of-view of a railfan, they serve a major niche, one that has been largely missing from Trainz.

I work for Norfolk Southern in Moberly Mo and we run TC daily. Its cool to see the guys at voltzs put them together.We run Ns 260,240,267,255 all Ford motor company stuff is what they say 267 goes over to bnsf argentine yard daily and 240 comes off the Bn daily. 255 everyday but Sunday goes to voltzs from Detroit 260 is its return.

On one of his RoadRailers you will see that is has a missing kuid that is not on the download station. Simply go into the config file, find that kuid, and delete it. That will fix the problem.

Back