Dash-9 Problems

avguisaxtrainz

Railfan of the SOO Line
I installed the dash-9s and I had a problem where the ARN was not functioning and just read blank. Is anyone else having this problem?

I installed the dash-9s and I had a problem where the ARN was not functioning and just read blank. Is anyone else having this problem?

There is a new way of addressing the fonts in TS12
you need something like this in the config file

fonts 4
fonts-path "bnsf_dash9"

Where the address within the quotes refers to the folder the the running numbers are in.

Cheers,
Bill69

There is a new way of addressing the fonts in TS12
you need something like this in the config file

fonts 4
fonts-path "bnsf_dash9"

Where the address within the quotes refers to the folder the the running numbers are in.

Cheers,
Bill69

no this is not required on this model since it is already in the config.

Try to reinstall the model. If you put a custom horn on it, or changed one of the bits on it, that'll do it.

Try to reinstall the model. If you put a custom horn on it, or changed one of the bits on it, that'll do it.
If you are editing any horn sound or anything for that matter make sure you click Edit in Explorer and change things from there

If you are editing any horn sound or anything for that matter make sure you click Edit in Explorer and change things from there

No.

this does not apply to these engines. The reason this has been a problem in the past is because I - JR was releasing items compatible with TRS06 and above. This meant that items had config.txt files that were 2.0 to 2.6 in build number and had old asset-filename tags in them. Opening them in CCP in TS09 and above caused this tag to be stripped but did not replace it with the fonts-path tag required since 09. Since we only create for items 09 and above now, any new asset has this tag already built-in and will not be effected by opening it in CCP at all. The old tags being the reason for ARN becoming non-functional is not the cause for this problem. Someone has already caused him to change the correct tag to something incorrect.

So to answer to OP and hopefully gain some more details on it. Nobody else has reported this problem. Are there any red dot/bugs appearing in the lower right of the screen?

I reinstalled the locomotive dependencies and train fx library and then changed the fonts path back to "mesh" and now they work perfectly. Thanks for all of the help!

Back