Bridgehampton Metro - UK Light Rail / Modern Tramway in Progress

So there's also a monorail that connects the airport to the Metro & National Rail...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hi there! I wanted to ask what the most up to date version of the metro route is, as well as if your citadis reskin is available for download? thanks for your help!

Bridgehampton Metro NW Branch 0.2 is the latest version. It doesn't work properly in Trs19, unfortunately. I doubt I will ever release the Citadis reskin, as I don't have permission from Denis_fr, and he's not been around for years. I am working on a TRS19 compatible version, but it may be a while, as I have some serious AI issues.

A couple more:

DpfIr2y.jpg

JpCwDLw.png

jZQXqNh.png

rs0IUCu.png

eAOwV7l.png

HuUX2eu.png

kKAPjaL.png

uDJ3DqD.png

Might need someone to do a bit of testing for me soon. I have some AI issues that I'm struggling with.

Paul

Just thought I'd pop in again to say it's still not dead. I also need to ask a favour...

I'm having some significant problems with AI trams skipping stops in the schedule - a tram will try to set off from one stop to the next, but instead of moving, it will delete the next command or commands in the schedule, one by one, until it usually stops, and will then attempt to perform the next command in the list (usually a station stop miles down the line). Although there are some patterns (often the same stops missed), this is very inconsistent behaviour with no obvious cause. I've tried drive to, navigate to and load at commands with equal levels of failure. Sometimes completely rebuilding a station has appeared to work, but I'm not even sure about that.

So, has anyone had similar issues, or is anyone prepared to have a look at this large unfinished layout to see if they can work out what might be going wrong?

Thanks, and in the meantime, here's a couple of pics:

Just thought I'd pop in again to say it's still not dead. I also need to ask a favour...

I'm having some significant problems with AI trams skipping stops in the schedule - a tram will try to set off from one stop to the next, but instead of moving, it will delete the next command or commands in the schedule, one by one, until it usually stops, and will then attempt to perform the next command in the list (usually a station stop miles down the line). Although there are some patterns (often the same stops missed), this is very inconsistent behaviour with no obvious cause. I've tried drive to, navigate to and load at commands with equal levels of failure. Sometimes completely rebuilding a station has appeared to work, but I'm not even sure about that.

So, has anyone had similar issues, or is anyone prepared to have a look at this large unfinished layout to see if they can work out what might be going wrong?
Long time ago, I had some problems like this. Was because I've renamed the stop, and then it just removed it from the task-list if I remember correctly. Same thing here?

So I'm still having the same problems (yes I move pretty slowly), but now I'm also getting crash to desktop (CTD) every time I run the route. This is usually about the 3 minute mark, but occasionally sooner. If I delete the commands from most of my drivers, or remove their trains/trams from the session, it will run for quite a bit longer, and the ignoring commands thing doesn't seem to happen. The route / session has a lot of content, but my machine is powerful to get around 30FPS when it is running, and never crashes in surveyor. For the record, there are about 150 ATLS intersections, 52 consists (all with drivers - 40 of whom start off with driver commands). Driver commands mostly use the Schedule Library rule.

I've put my computer through its own internal diagnostics, including a BIOS update, graphics card update and a memory test. Task manager shows memory and CPU usage in the 50-60% range preceding the crashes, and the main fan (which works fine when the computer is really working) doesn't even start up.

The only significant change is that since the route last ran without crashing, I've updated Trainz to the latest Trainz Plus build. I was previously on the last one before HD terrain was introduced. I haven't converted the route to HD as I had another issue.

I'm hoping that I can persuade someone to have a look at this on their own computer - this is the only way I can see of getting any nearer to another progress release of the route, which I realise is long overdue - there is a lot more to it than at the last release.

Thanks,

Paul

So I'm still having the same problems (yes I move pretty slowly), but now I'm also getting crash to desktop (CTD) every time I run the route. This is usually about the 3 minute mark, but occasionally sooner. If I delete the commands from most of my drivers, or remove their trains/trams from the session, it will run for quite a bit longer, and the ignoring commands thing doesn't seem to happen. The route / session has a lot of content, but my machine is powerful to get around 30FPS when it is running, and never crashes in surveyor. For the record, there are about 150 ATLS intersections, 52 consists (all with drivers - 40 of whom start off with driver commands). Driver commands mostly use the Schedule Library rule.

I've put my computer through its own internal diagnostics, including a BIOS update, graphics card update and a memory test. Task manager shows memory and CPU usage in the 50-60% range preceding the crashes, and the main fan (which works fine when the computer is really working) doesn't even start up.

The only significant change is that since the route last ran without crashing, I've updated Trainz to the latest Trainz Plus build. I was previously on the last one before HD terrain was introduced. I haven't converted the route to HD as I had another issue.

I'm hoping that I can persuade someone to have a look at this on their own computer - this is the only way I can see of getting any nearer to another progress release of the route, which I realise is long overdue - there is a lot more to it than at the last release.

Thanks,

Paul
Hi Paul,

I am also experiencing crashes when running the session in build 123794. I got about 10 minutes into it and decided to switch from the starting tram to another and that is when it crashed. Whatever the issue is with the session, I doubt there is an issue with the route.

EDIT: when I edit the session the Portal Dependencies rule cannot be opened, with the message saying that a script error occurred. Could this be the source of the issue?

Cheers,
Paul

Last edited:
I'm also getting CTD's whenever I try to change to another driver in the session and I am also on build 1237994.
I have found the CTD can be avoided if you first pause the session, change to the new drive and then unpause.

Paul, I'd be happy to take a look at this on my PC. You're welcome to send me a PM or just respond to this here. I don't know how helpful I'll be able to be but I at least could see if I can reproduce the issue.

Thanks for all your suggestions and offers of help. I'm sorry it's taken so long to reply, but I've been traveling for work. For those who would like to try the route, here is a link to the current version. On my machine it generally runs for a couple of minutes before crashing to desktop. If I delete most of the trains / trams, then it will run much longer. The skipping stops issue can pretty reliably be seen by observing the first driver in the list - he visits the first stop correctly, and then will skip several commands, and eventually set off for a stop several beyond the next one.

This is a link to the one item of my content that is missing - it's not important, but I don't really want to upload it to the DLS as it's not complete. Everything else should be on the DLS.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

p.s. I just realised that the route also uses Boat's ASB system. I don't think it's important for this test, but you can get it here: http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/turnout.html

Last edited:
Hi Paul,

I have installed the route and session now and also the Boat ASB.
The first time I started the session, several divers said they could not reach the destination and then it crashed to desktop.
The second time, there were no driver errors and the default tram ran as far as the first stop (Gosford Bridge?) and started moving and this time Trainz locked up instead of crashing and quitting. I have managed to get a screenshot.

Rather frustrating so perhaps needs reporting to N3V as a bug. I'm using Trainz Plus build 123794
Keep persevering, it is worth it as this is a great route. Let me know if you need any further help.

kind regards,

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for that. At least that means it's probably not my machine that's playing up. Obviously I can't rule out a content issue, but it must be something that has a problem just in the most recent build(s), as I haven't added anything significant that is brand new, and I also get the same crash from older versions of the route that ran without crashing in previous builds.

Thanks again.

Paul

p.s. Anyone else had a try?

Could I also ask if anyone has had similar problems with my previous release, Bridgehampton Metro NW Branch 0.2? Let me know what build you are using, and if it runs for more than 10-15 minutes without a crash.

I've submitted a bug report, but I think this will be difficult for N3V to track down without some more data.

Thanks,

Paul

Back