Bridgehampton Metro - UK Light Rail / Modern Tramway in Progress

@Boat - thanks for the kind words. The junctions are a bit of a challenge, but they all seem to work OK - it doesn't look like there is much you can't do (except split traffic in two directions) if you apply a bit of lateral thinking...
I don't know about scenario code - I suspect it has no effect on traffic, and so wouldn't help much. Most of the clever stuff in this in Andi06's street kit, abused to its limits, and a large number of triggers and rules.

Anyway, I'm sure I posted some pictures this morning, which have since disappeared... so either this forum is playing up, or I dreamed it (rolleyes removed due to too many pics)

These are all taken in the area between the main line station and the river...

tScreen_216.jpg

tScreen_215.jpg

tScreen_211.jpg

tScreen_210.jpg

tScreen_209.jpg

tScreen_208.jpg

tScreen_207.jpg

tScreen_206.jpg

tScreen_205.jpg

tScreen_204.jpg

Paul

@Boat - thanks for the kind words. The junctions are a bit of a challenge, but they all seem to work OK - it doesn't look like there is much you can't do (except split traffic in two directions) if you apply a bit of lateral thinking...
I don't know about scenario code - I suspect it has no effect on traffic, and so wouldn't help much. Most of the clever stuff in this in Andi06's street kit, abused to its limits, and a large number of triggers and rules.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, I take your point about Andi06's crossings. I only really paid them any attention recently, even though I noticed them some time ago. They are phenomenal, as is the rest of the street kit.
My only comment about using the crossings in a scenario, (rather than a session) would be that the scenario could control the switching junctions directly rather than the AJS Traffic control. No, it won’t make any difference to the traffic but it may give more direct control to what is being switched, specific to the layout. I would have said that should mean more flexibility in what can be done….. except you seem to have done it anyway!!!!! HOW?

Andio6’s idea to use level crossings in this way really was a spark of genius which you have built on in a fantastic way.

Keep it up,

Now if only we could split traffic in 2 directions. :confused: Can you?

Boat

@3830 - That looks like one of Bloodnoks new UK signals on the DLS. They are part of a kit that allows for automatic generation of signal feathers...

@Boat - I suspect that using scenario control might be more complex than using the AJS controllers, but I don't really know.
As far as how it's done, there are a variety of techniques I've used to acheive a variety of situations, it would take a while to describe all of them, so you may have to be more specific...
As for traffic split in 2 directions, I can only make it look like it ;) No-one can do it for real, unless you can animate attachment points...

Paul

@3830 - ...
As for traffic split in 2 directions, I can only make it look like it ;) No-one can do it for real, unless you can animate attachment points...

Paul

We have a divider now, please chreck the following thread: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=5247
(it's in german, but it will be sone available, have also a look at other threads from user chereck, he has also some universal crossings)
There are some pictures in the thread or ask for a translation in english... i hope this is what you are looking for

The german name for this divider is "Fahrspurteiler"

Best Regards
Asser

We have a divider now, please chreck the following thread: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=5247
(it's in german, but it will be sone available, have also a look at other threads from user chereck, he has also some universal crossings)
There are some pictures in the thread or ask for a translation in english... i hope this is what you are looking for

The german name for this divider is "Fahrspurteiler"

Best Regards
Asser

If I read the thread correctly, this simply forces traffic to turn right instead of left where splines diverge (very useful if you drive on the right). However (unless you know different) it doesn't split traffic flow into more than one direction.

Paul

How's the frame rate?

I was hoping no-one would ask... :rolleyes:

Quite good on some parts of the route, but very low in the town centre. My computer is barely mid range though - Athlon XP2000 (1.6GHz), 1.5Gb RAM and an ATI card I bough second hand at least 2 years ago, and wasn't top of the range then...

Anyway - more shots...

tScreen_214.jpg

The approach to Coromandel Heath frm the East.

tScreen_213.jpg

The northern industrial part of Coromandel Heath.

tScreen_212.jpg

Aerial view of Coromandel Heath Station.

tScreen_203.jpg

Flinders Square.

That's all folks!

Paul

traffic direction

Hello Paul, screenshots are spellbinding,... question I hope you are not fed up of answering,.. your screenshots taken between the mainline stn. and the river, show, a two lane road on either side of your tram tracks.. is it possible to have the traffic on the two lane road travel in the same direction,.. if so could you explain how to me,...kindest regards

Hi Paul,

Where did you get the 'painted on' direction arrow road markings? Are they just part of Andi06's street kit that I've missed or did you find them elsewhere?

boat

@Boat - the direction arrows, and some of the other markings are by engfer, and are on the DLS.

@chris - the bridge is by Jaleel, and is on the DLS. I think the supports are a spline by Vulcan from years ago, also on the DLS.

@ Everyone else - I haven't stopped, just slowed down a bit...

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I searched for every key word I could think of. Arrow, Road Mark, Paint etc.... but not in German!

Boat

About time I showed a few more in here...

I've done loads more to the route, but until today very little was looking complete. Of course, when I do have a run TRS crashes, so I've only got a couple of shots for now, but I expect I'll take quite a few more soon...

tScreen_241.jpg

Students waiting at Eastgate Stop.

tScreen_244.jpg

New tram bridge alongside the mediaevel (OK, you spell it ;) ) old bridge.

tScreen_246.jpg

Arena in the background.

tScreen_247.jpg

Along the quayside...

That will have to do for now, but there should be loads more in the coming days...

Paul

You've been busy. We know we've taken ideas from each other's layout, I'd like to steal couple of your ideas I see here ;)
Finally, I've noticed the curved single and double catenary poles. If you're bored of them, you can use http://www.smokefilledroom.co.uk/Gregsworld/Files/trainz/cdp/pack_catenaire_tram_ancienne.cdp which are similar single track catenary poles similar to the ones you've used. they're trackside items and will clip, wireless, to the track.

You've seen I've started (almost done) Chesterfield Tramway and it is only a testbed for Sheffield's, you've given me so many ideas, I'm keen n getting content kuid for me to do that ;) You've definitely got a feel in your tramlayout, the main thing is the feeling that tram has been built after the city, even if in practice the opposite is true.

Congrats on the work, you're the man!
Greg

@Captain_Scarlet - Thanks again for your kind words and encouragement! I'll try to answer your questions...

The medieval bridge is a recent spline by Brook from the DLS. There is a 6m and 8m wide version.

The cobble texture is by Andi06, part of his street kit. The church is by Brook (called chapel - stone). The pavements (except the island) are by mcortes - search for acera on the DLS (found under spain in surveyor). The island is by RW1HH (Rolf Westfalen).

The road lines are from Andi06's street kit. The car park markings are by gfisher 106916:10078 and 106916:10077. The multi storey is by kenichiro.

The zebra crossings are by Andi06. The pavements in this one are by engfer.

I look forward to seeing Chesterfield completed, and I'll really enjoy seeing Sheffield.

All the best...

Paul

And here are some more...

tScreen_250.jpg

Maintenance van - reskin of Mike10's - I still need to tweak a few bits & bobs...

tScreen_251.jpg

Klinger, you must have taken out a lot of those billboards :D

tScreen_252.jpg

tScreen_253.jpg

Flinders Square (again).

tScreen_255.jpg

St. James' Hospital seen from the quayside.

tScreen_256.jpg

tScreen_257.jpg

A couple of cab views...

That's all for now...

Paul

Back