Bridgehampton Metro - UK Light Rail / Modern Tramway in Progress

Paul, with that video, I think you should've uploaded in two or three parts, and besides 3 or 4 minutes is okay. Also helps those on slower connections.

Paul, what video program are you using?

Last edited:
Does this help?

The destination signs work fine for me in the TS2010 version - I'll have to check the TS09 version properly... What destinations do you get - there should be two route numbers, and a total of four destinations.
Paul

Paul, does this answer your question?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This type of sign occurs for all of them. One also gets, the add driver character error.

Regards,

Johan

Hmmm - genuinely weird. The correct destination is in the text, with an incorrect one in the back-ground. Can you check that you have the Bridgehampton Destination textures asset installed - it should be a dependency of the trams...

Anyone else seen this?

Paul

Hi Paulzmay !

I'm sorry that I didn't awnser to you by e-mail about the Beta version, but my mother had a big trouble in her brain..

But, now it's fine :)

Does this help?

Hmmm - genuinely weird. The correct destination is in the text, with an incorrect one in the back-ground. Can you check that you have the Bridgehampton Destination textures asset installed - it should be a dependency of the trams...

Greetings Paul,

I have the textures installed, and does this help?
Warning: Aliased meshes cannot currently be verified by Trainz.

Regards

Johan

I'd say, that's a good route and a train too! One thing I might put out is that, u must've added a layer in the CCP. The tag where the font color is, that might've been a cause of why the text is over the 'textured' DestSign.

~Mikey

I'll have to look into that - I haven't looked at the destinations much in TS09, though they have always worked flawlessly for me in TRS06 and TS2010.

@Red - I agree - it's also lower impact (Andi06's tram track, plus my overhead wire and grass pavement).

Paul

I've been working on an update of my Hampton Mall route. Now designed for TS2010, and roughly doubled in size...
paulzmay_20120310_0003.jpg

paulzmay_20120310_0002.jpg

paulzmay_20120310_0001.jpg

paulzmay_20120310_0004.jpg

Paul

Paul, is their anyway to reduce the file size of the route, as since you say that you almost double the route, it will be impossible to play?
Maybe use splines in unimportant areas, such as those meant to be viewed at a distance

Hey Paul,

it's allways a pleasure to see you and Bridgehampton in progress. However, I had wished to see more of Bridgehampton Coastal ;).

kind regards,

Jean-Paul

@Red - The original was only 6 boards. I think it's around 14-15 now. It's not a vast route by any standards, and I do take care to avoid too many pieces of content with high poly counts or large numbers of textures. High poly splines are also something I try to avoid. I doubt if I'll trim the detail level, in fact I'm replacing billboard trees with speed-trees, so probably the reverse. So far it runs pretty well on my 5yr old machine.

@Alain - Thanks for the encouragement. Coastal is on my other computer which rarely gets switched on. I'll transfer it when I get my new one, though, and I'll probably do some work on it then.

Paul

Billboard trees? I think that needs a short "please explain"

I thought speed trees are that the trees that have swaying branches.

By the way, is it still just the extension of the one route, or more than one route?

If you are keeping part of the original where it now terminates at the single line end (opposite end of the portal). And if so, I wonder if it's worth putting say a tram stop (or a dummy stop, with just a tram stop sign of some description, somewhere just before it becomes a single line leading to the terminus.

Edit: Now that it is odd, I didn't have to wait for the pictures to load.

Last edited:
By 'Billboard' I'm referring to the old-style trees modelled with a couple of crossed planes with an alpha blended image. You are right about speed trees, though the degree of sway is more controllable than when they first appeared.

This is an upgrade and extension of Hampton Mall. The entire original route is still present, just with ATLS, better trees, better roads etc.

I know where you mean for an extra stop, and for a historic tramway, you'd be right. Most newer UK tramways have further between stops, and have 100% level boarding at all stops, so it's less likely that there woul actually be a stop in that location.

Paul

I thought the "speed" trees would take up more "hevy" in file size, than trees that just stand still.

Also, I wish their was a better concrete track, but similar, with the ties on each side, as shown in the bottom that you recently posted.

I thought the "speed" trees would take up more "hevy" in file size, than trees that just stand still.

Also, I wish their was a better concrete track, but similar, with the ties on each side, as shown in the bottom that you recently posted.

@Red - Speed trees certainly make the computer work a bit harder, but most are optimised with LOD etc, and designed for the latest versions of Trainz. They seem to be less of a performance hit than some of the other detailed 3D trees around, though I've used both. Alpha blended textures in the old style trees are not handled well by graphics cards.

At some point I intend to create a more efficient split concrete sleeper track. I've got some photos, but I could really do with some dimensions for rail clips.

@Bhorton - First suggestion - give me a clue. Other wise you'll get an answer like 'it works for me'. Which is equally helpful ;-)

Seriously - do they show errors or missing dependencies? What Trainz build are you using them in? Do they appear at all? Do they appear in the list? As the only other complaint I've ever had about these was about the destination boards, I suspect missing dependencies, or out of date dependencies.

Paul

Back