Bridgehampton Metro - UK Light Rail / Modern Tramway in Progress

Tom - thanks for the extra links - I'll have to try that Russian site (it doesn't look too hard to navigate).

Anyway, here are a few more pics of unfinished bits...

tScreen_183.jpg

The industrial area looking towards the depot.

tScreen_184.jpg

Looking across the river towards the centre...

tScreen_185.jpg

The view from the hospital.

tScreen_186.jpg

The other side of Coromandel Heath.

tScreen_187.jpg

The other half of Athol Park.

tScreen_188.jpg

York Road stop. The traffic should wait behind stopped trams...

tScreen_189.jpg

Athol Park Station stop, with Athol Park National Rail station in the background.

tScreen_191.jpg

Last bit before the portals at Blackstone. I've done a bit to this since, including a traffic light controlled roundabout - I've just got to get the trams to interface with it now...

That's all for now..

Paul

Wow! that is the only word i can think of to describe this route, keep up the excellent work, would love to download when this is completed!

Hi Paul

Yes the Russian site might be easy to get them, but just wait till you see the config menu for the cars, I just clicked on each one at a time to have a look at all the options, Route number and run number change various lighting option, headlight, Marker and cab passenger area, and may others, the menu is quite long and fun to play with.

Well is that not why we are here to help each other .....

Tom

And some more...

tScreen_193.jpg

Approaching Blackstone

tScreen_194.jpg

At Blackstone Stop (cutomised with Metro Logo).

tScreen_195.jpg

tScreen_196.jpg

tScreen_197.jpg

Some shots of the bridge over the traffic light controlled roundabout (working) at the other end of the main street. I failed to get the cars to stop for the trams this time, so I decided a bridge was the best bet...

That's all for now!

Happy Australia Day to all the Aussies out there! I'm off down the beach for a barbie!

Paul

REALLY nice!

I love Light Rail!! This route, i can tell, will turn out great, and is coming along well! Keep it up, and tell us when its released!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

incredible .... now I know why I like to create items ... so peeps like you can make superb-looking routes ...

Can't wait to run it!!:)

Ish

Thanks for your kind comments - I'll certainly announce it's release - I wouldn't keep quiet after so much time and effort! And Ish - one or two of your buildings will certainly feature...

I notice that quite a few of the earlier posts in this thread (anything without pictures) have disappeared. Anyone any idea? And one of my posts now has someone else's name on it... This is a bit of a pain, as I've been asked a few questions about the development of the route, and the answers are still pertinent. So can anyone suggest a reason for what has happened?

Paul

@Callum027 - Now there's a question without a short answer... Search the DLS for Denis_Fr and Cosey for starters. The boxy orange and cream tram (GT6) is from Modula City (payware), but is built into TRS06. Many of the others are from http://www.barowa.tubaza.net/PTram/index.php
I think that covers most of them, but if there is one in particular you like the look of, I can give more specific directions...

Paul

Some very nice trams on this website. Are they compatible with Trainz 2004 or are they just for 2006?

Thanks for this link.

Pab

@Klinger - Don't put Phlanx down - it was part off the inspiration for building this route. I'd be interested to see what you do to it...

im glad it was good for somthing :D

im mostly working on fixing the paper thin cantanery supports, i didnt use the building version, i only used splines, im working on a railroad museum with overhead lines to get some practice with high detail overhead.

the good thing is ill have alot less work to do then building the whole layout from scratch :D

i also may add a new line, just to kinda show progress for a growing city, and ill be deleting some buildings, in hopes of getting better FPS

now if some one can build some modern american LRVs ill be set!!

Hi Paul Bert

If you look at the pics on ptrams site the later ones are marked 2006 but still run in 2004 ok, i think it just means they have been tested in 2006 and work ok but are marked in the config as version 2.4 not 2.5.

Tom

If you look at the pics on ptrams site the later ones are marked 2006 but still run in 2004 ok, i think it just means they have been tested in 2006 and work ok but are marked in the config as version 2.4 not 2.5.

Tom

Thanks, I will try them out. I have 2006 but much prefer 2004 because of the sound issues I have with 2006.

Pab

Paul,

You've done an amazing job with this route. I can almost hear the wheels squealing around the corners. :)

I look forward to driving it someday.

John

With your roads, how are you making them. Its a really intersting way of doing it. your route looks great:D

cheers, Daniel

Wow! Every time I look in there are more posts! I thought modern tramways were a bit of a minority interest, at least in the English speaking world...

@Klinger - I'm glad to have inspired you to carry on building. Tram catenary can be a bit of a challenge, but it's well worth the effort to get right. I did once answer a post on this thread asking where I got the stuff I use, but I think it's been "tidied up"...

@Buddhaben - Yes, they are both on the DLS. The first is by Cosey - there are lots of variants, some single ended, some double ended. The second is the Dublin LUAS livery Citadis tram by Denis_fr. I've increased the mass of the Citadis to improve it's AI acceleration.

@3830 - The roads are mostly Andi06's street kit and tram kit, with extra details by Engfer, and some items from mgreen48, and a variety of other pavements (sidewalks). I've spent a lot of time developing a method for triggering the traffic lights in Andi's kit (which are basically level crossings) when the rails do not actually link to them. This gives a massive amount of flexibility in designing junction layouts - almost every road junction you see in these shots has control of all conflicting tram and car movements, and includes such things as T-junction traffic lights, right turn lanes controlled separately, traffic light controlled roundabouts, motorway junctions with traffic lights controling access to the slip roads, one lane of traffic appearing to split into two, with some traffic going each way and so on. This picture gives a bit of an idea of what's involved...

tScreen_123.jpg

I'll post some more pics fairly soon...

Paul

This layout is simply amazing. It makes me feel a little ashamed of my efforts to make an English based tram layout now. I look at your junctions (especially the cross section style picture) and I am bewildered. I have not got a clue when it comes to programming traffic or traffic lights. I can just about make a tram go in the opposite direction on my light rail system, but this is amazing.

I will post some pics tomorrow on another thread.

Where did you get the Alstom Tram?

Sleaze,

Glad you like the route. Don't worry about being bewildered, as far as I know I'm the only one building junctions like this - it's a bit beyond what Andi06 had in mind when he created the street kit! The tutorial on his website is a good place to start, then just play with the bits and see what you can acheive...

I look forward to seeing your pictures when you post them.

The tram is by Denis_fr, and is on the DLS - search for Citadis in the name field.

Paul

Paul,

Absolutely superb route. Very much looking forward to seeing it on the DLS.... Can't wait to see how you've done those junctions!

Makes me think it might work with scenario code too!

Itching to try! ;)

Boat

Back