Bridgehampton Metro - UK Light Rail / Modern Tramway in Progress

paulzmay

There's not enough room i
Just re-establishing this thread in the new forum. I'll start with a re-cap in thumbnails...

More in a moment...

Paul

Last ones for now...

Videos:

Thumbs:

And one new one...

tScreen_145.jpg

Paul

Thanks for the kind comments rjhowie - I'm starting to know how you must feel. Did you ever wonder if you'd bitten off more than you could chew? Never mind, I'll finish at least a useable section...

Anyway, just one more pic for now...

tScreen_146.jpg

Paul

It is just me in here isn't it? :cool:

Ah well, I can see some people are having a look, so I'll keep posting...

tScreen_150.jpg

Looking towards Northgate.
tScreen_148.jpg

Northgate stop.
tScreen_147.jpg

In the old town approaching the Cathedral.

Paul

A few more pics from the route...

tScreen_162.jpg

The view from the Cathedral

tScreen_161.jpg

Backstreets of the Old Town

tScreen_160.jpg

More from the Old Town

tScreen_158.jpg

Looking towards the Cathedral

tScreen_157.jpg

The terraces of Coromandel Heath

tScreen_156.jpg

Industrial area and bridge over the outer ring road near Hallworth.

That's all for now...

Paul

OK - time for some more pictures. I've been adding scenery to one of the areas of the route I hadn't touched much before, so I've now almost got the main route from the edge into the centre complete...

These pictures represent a circular journey into the inner suburbs and back by another route:

tScreen_165.jpg

Starting out at Flinders Square in the heart of Bridgehampton.

tScreen_166.jpg

The grand approach to the main line station (much still to be done in this area).

tScreen_167.jpg

Shakespeare Street stop in the inner suburbs. The tramway shares it's alignment here with a heavy rail branchline that has been singled to accomodate it (note to self - more foliage required).

tScreen_168.jpg

Terrace backs (nice one Chris7464) line the route...

tScreen_169.jpg

Coromandel Heath main line station. The tramway low level station is hidden behind the flyovers. Three tram routes and the branchline serve this cosmopolitain inner suburb.

tScreen_170.jpg

A view from the other side of the station. The other route into town passes the station's front door.

tScreen_171.jpg

Stone terraces line St James' Road back down the hill into town.

tScreen_172.jpg

Further down the road...

tScreen_173.jpg

St. James' Road stop for the Hospital.

tScreen_174.jpg

Back in the Old Town at Cathedral stop.

Still lots to do - I've had to be pretty selective about where I take my shots, but I'm progressing quite well...

Paul

Thanks guys! I appreciate the encouragement...

Klinger - Yes I remember when the only trams I could find for Trainz were the MBTA trolleys. Now that's still about all there is for the USA, and there's loads from mainland Europe, plus antique trams from the UK and Australia...

And here's one shot I had left over...

tScreen_164.jpg

Sturt Street Stop from the bridge over the river.

Paul

No it's not finished yet!

I usually try to make my shots look as complete as possible (no grey squares, mysterious spaces, missing overhead etc), so it probably makes my routes look almost finished when actually it's all very selective photography...

Anyway, in a break from my usual practice, here are some of the bits I have yet to finish before I release the first section...

tScreen_175.jpg

Elevated section heading from the Old Town towards the docks.

tScreen_176.jpg

Northbound across the other river, and up the hill (and then underground).

tScreen_177.jpg

View back towards the town.

tScreen_178.jpg

The bridge next to Sturt Street Stop (looking the other way to all of the previous pictures - now you know why...)

tScreen_179.jpg

Main line station and approach. The tunnel leads to the low-level station.

tScreen_180.jpg

Southern station approaches and carriage sheds.

tScreen_181.jpg

Northern Station approaches (still don't know quite what I'm doing here)

tScreen_182.jpg

Industrial area to the west of the main line station.

So, as you can see, there's still a lot to be done...

Paul

Paul, This keeps getting better and better all the time. I think you are making a very interesting route that just makes me want it when its finished even more. You definitely have some talent for route building thats for sure. :)

John

Overhead Details

I was just wondering what overhead poles you are using, are they available for download or did you design them for this layout.

Thanks

this looks asome man

like 15 trillion times better then my phalanx layout, which i need to update badly....

Thanks for all your kind words! I really appreciate your comments! :D

@Tramways - the poles with the arched arms (single and double) are by michael-h and are (I think) called oberleitungsmast. The crosswires with plain poles attached are by Andi06, and the single wire spline I have used is called "line only" and is part of a russian catenary set. All are on the DLS.

@Puziparrot - Yes the heavy rail branch joins the main line at Bridgehampton station. It's the left hand brown ballasted track in the sixth pic in my previous post - it does continue, I've just got my draw distance set way down...

@Klinger - Don't put Phlanx down - it was part off the inspiration for building this route. I'd be interested to see what you do to it...

@Callum027 - Now there's a question without a short answer... Search the DLS for Denis_Fr and Cosey for starters. The boxy orange and cream tram (GT6) is from Modula City (payware), but is built into TRS06. Many of the others are from http://www.barowa.tubaza.net/PTram/index.php
I think that covers most of them, but if there is one in particular you like the look of, I can give more specific directions...

I'll post some more WIP shots later, but now I'm off to work...

Paul

Hi again

@Paul - Keep up the great woirk, spent yesterday only getting updates and a couple new repaintd of the German Trams Mostly, the Historic cars (Tw / BW), T57 / T4, MGT6D, KT4D, GT6 / GT8, 2 new 105NM's and a new combino, gett its getting hard to keep up.

@Callum027 - Also try the linsk from his page you find even more trams, Also keep a eye on his page as His trams get updated and added to quite regular.

Ptram link : http://www.barowa.tubaza.net/PTram/index.php
Also Try
http://www.trsbingen.de/php/news.php
http://www.trainzmotion.cz/
http://www.tramtrainz.net/
http://www.tramsim.com.ua (In Russian : 3rd link down Ie: Ist indented is tram downloads)

As paul has mentioned before alot of the trams are single sided for right hand running.

Last edited:
Back