Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Bridgehampton Metro - UK Light Rail / Modern Tramway in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by rastis View Post
    G'day!

@Paul.

I pretty much have no idea on how to use the traffic splines correctly, I tried making a 4-lane roadway with 2 lane traffic either side, but the vehicles traveling on the roads stayed at the deafault 2 lane roadway. When I added the 1-lane TUME spline, vehicles did not spawn. I am also confused on where to put the ZigZag and hazard stripes on the road.

Cheers !

Jake.
    OK - first off, the best guide to how these should be used is this: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...chedule/6/made and http://www2.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/tss...alchapter5.pdf note that I've included the diagram number from this document in the description of each asset (yes I should have made it a keyword).

Splines that are designed to take traffic will need to be lowered by 0.2 to reach the board, whereas things like stop lines do not.

If you are using waygauges, then use the newer universal waygauges - the centre attachment is designed for roads, the set aligned to the tracks is for overhead wire, and the others are for my pavements.

One way roads and multi-lane roads will need the techniques described here: http://www.ajsmith.x10.mx/trs/pdf/street%20kit.pdf I've not used the new isfreeway tag, because it just doesn't combine with conventional roads.

The zig-zag lines are exclusively for UK zebra crossings (they match andi06's crossings). The hazard lines are used as centre and/or lane lines on the approach to junctions, at the approach to other hazards and where it is inadvisable to overtake (but not illegal). The guide above gives a lot more guidance.

The other thing worth noting is that some of the road splines end in the work 'div' - this denotes that they have a camber on one side, so that they can be used for diverging roads without texture flashing. They are mostly intended for use on roundabouts.

There are a few examples of how they all work together on my Bridgehampton Metro South 2 route - it's probably worth downloading and picking apart...

Paul
    Space reserved for Signature
    Temporary Sign

The forum's "slow-ness" is making CityRail, sorry make that Countrylink look good!

Just saw a program with Aled Jones in Halifax (England or Wales - doesn't "really" matter anyway, should be one country[1] anyway ), and in it was a station/stop with an "M" sign outside, you would think it would be from a real "Bridgehampton". Looked almost as good as Paul's Metro signs. Even in similar colours. And what is the British Rail symbol doing on a Metro network?

And similar buidings to Paul's Westhaven.

Paulzmay, is that the area that both Hampton Mall & Westhaven are based on?

1. Ducks for cover!

PS: It was Songs of Praises with transport as the subject.
    Last edited by Red_Rattler; August 11th, 2012 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulzmay View Post
    I've been doing some more work on Hampton Mall... this mini-route may be ready for release fairly soon.

Paul

Hi paulzmay your route is the best one in my trainz. Download takes some time...

Quote Originally Posted by chickenjoe View Post
    Hi paulzmay your route is the best one in my trainz. Download takes some time...
    Please do not quote images or bump old threads.

Turns out Bridgehampton isn't dead after all...
    Temporary Sign

6. Default

excellent news!
    Photographer and Welsh Highland Railway Guard from Liverpool, UK

Blog Entries

That's a really accurate representation of modern light rail. I can't wait to download this.
    Supporter of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

Thought I'd post some more shots, mostly of areas I haven't featured much before. I'm finding that even the combined route runs really well in T:ANE...

Paul
    Temporary Sign

Still plodding away...

Temporary Sign

Refreshing to see this classic again.

Great set of screenshots.

Still going...

Paul
    Last edited by paulzmay; May 4th, 2019 at 03:33 AM.
    Temporary Sign

A few more...

I've decided that I'll release a section of the route that is an expansion of my Hampton Mall route - it will more than triple the size of the route, and take the line to the edge of the city centre.

Paul
    Temporary Sign

...it also incorporates a VERY old route of mine with a bit of a re-vamp:

Temporary Sign

Really good to see this route again.
    The first one i ever downloaded and used for inspiration.

Alas i recently lost 3 years of work on my best project to date and it's knocked the stuffing out of me......all gone.....years of content,the lot.

Excellent set of screenshots by the way.