My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Paul

Last edited:
A few more...

I've decided that I'll release a section of the route that is an expansion of my Hampton Mall route - it will more than triple the size of the route, and take the line to the edge of the city centre.

Paul

Really good to see this route again.
The first one i ever downloaded and used for inspiration.

Alas i recently lost 3 years of work on my best project to date and it's knocked the stuffing out of me......all gone.....years of content,the lot.

Excellent set of screenshots by the way.

Question:

I'm tidying up and testing a section of the route for a release in the next few weeks. This will be 98% complete and include a session running trams between Barworth & Mitcham Heath (map on previous page). I can either spend time deleting all of the rest of the route on the release copy (many boards in various stages of completion), or I can upload the whole thing. The first option makes for a much smaller download, and may run a little better, the second gives a peek into what is coming next, and substantial parts of it should (mostly) work. I'll add a few track-marks in strategic places in case anyone wants to create sessions with the un-portal rule.

So. Thoughts?

As either no-one cares either way, or no-one cares at all, I'll be going for option 2 (as it's less work for me, and I get a back-up on the DLS).

It will also be something of an open Beta - I'm getting inconsistent issues with trams not stopping at some stops some of the time. It may be that my computer is just struggling (it's about 7 years old), but I'd like to see if anyone else has the same problems, and whether they can be fixed. I'd also appreciate feedback on any other major issues, especially missing content - everything should be built-in or on the DLS, but it's possible that some assets from TMR2017 or some other payware have crept in.

I hope to get this uploaded before the weekend, as I'm away next week...

Paul

Hi Paulzmay. For what it is worth, I am for option2! The more the better, and maybe we can offer some beta testing of parts of it as well.

The other sections are in various states of completion, and I wouldn't expect much of them to run correctly, or even be fully joined up. They include Bridgehampton Metro South 2, which is probably better downloaded as a stand-alone route for now. Think of it as a sneek-peek preview - opinions and feedback welcome. My next task will be to get as much of this larger route to run as possible for a next release (some of which will probably have missing or incomplete scenery in places). After that, who knows...

Paul

Just uploading the route & session. Please note there are over 6000 dependencies for this route (4633 on the DLS - the rest built-in), so it's going to be a big download for many users. The session also has a fairly large number of assets to download.

Look out for the invisible 'drone' fly-through - it's a fun way to see the route from another perspective.

Hi Paul. Thank you for this layout. I have one dependency showing up in CM as being incompatible , for TANE. It is build version 4.6. Track for suspended monorail <kuid101046:106979>
I also have 6 kuids that belong to you that are not available on DLS Being:

<kuid:134105:673201>
<kuid:134105:28073>
<kuid2:134105:29129:1>
<kuid:134105:27159>
<kuid:134105:1542>
<kuid:134105:1544>

Could you please advise where these might be ? Regards and once again, Thanks.

Hi Bolivar,

I think the I must have downloaded monorail track, and back-dated it. I think Dave Snow said he was going to do the same, and release it on my he DLS. Presumably he never did. It's in an unfinished part of the route, so it won't affect tram operations.

I'm on holiday at the moment, so I won't be able to check what the others are at the moment. I'll be back on Friday, so I'll look then.

Just from number sequencing, it looks like those missing items are (in order):
A track (probably not used in the completed part of the route),
A house (I think),
An update to an office door I don't remember issuing,
A road marking from a set I replaced before I released them,
And I think the last ones are my Citadis tram reskins I thought I had removed before upload. Or they might be trees...

Hopefully everything runs without these, but I will fix next weekend.

Last edited:
I've uploaded some missing assets, and a new version of the route & session that will remove the rest. I've noticed that some of the rolling stock needed for main line trains from the portals isn't in the dependencies - I'll fix this in a later release. I suspect I'll use a fiddle yard approach, as the portals are frankly a pain.

Paul

I just had a go at porting the route to trs19, and I've realised that the ATLS crossings don't work, because I've not named the controllers.

This being the case, I'll upload a revised version in the coming weeks. It will be a version with a little more completed and working, rather than just a bug fix, so I still have some work to do, and some new content to complete and upload first.

Paul

Sorry for bumping, but I miss these assets on the route:

<kuid2:82412:614163:1>,<kuid2:82412:614141:1>,<kuid2:82412:614125:1>,<kuid2:82412:614164:1>,<kuid2:82412:614145:1>,<kuid2:82412:614174:1>,<kuid2:82412:614182:1>,<kuid2:82412:614146:1>,<kuid2:82412:614167:1>,<kuid2:82412:885182726:2>,<kuid2:82412:333202:2>,<kuid2:82412:885182720:2>,<kuid2:60850:22216:3>,<kuid2:1942:25032:3>,<kuid2:82412:44040:2>,<kuid2:82412:333212:2>,<kuid2:82412:333217:2>,<kuid2:82412:24031:2>,<kuid2:1942:26036:3>,<kuid2:82412:50003007:2>,<kuid2:82412:23008:1>,<kuid2:82412:23023:1>

Thanks.

82412 is Tume. These items must be built-in to some version of Trainz, as I don't think he has hosted anything elsewhere. Not sure of the other items, but I did check that T:aNE thought that everything was either built in, or on the DLS.

Is there anything missing that makes the route unusable? I'll make a point of replacing anything really critical.

Paul

I just checked a few of these items on my T:aNE, and while some show as built in (e.g. 1942:26036:3), most of the TUME stuff shows as payware, although these actually came with whichever version of Trainz included his Milwaukee Road route. There is also a set of platforms from the Settle & Carlisle add-on, but this is in an incomplete area of the route that won't really affect game-play.

For my next update, I'll try to get rid of these items. There will also be some fixes that will make ATLS crossings work properly in TRS19. This update is probably still a month or two away (minimum).

Paul

Back