Jointed Rail - New Releases 11/16/12 PUBLIC RELEASE DASH 9's!

jointedrail

Official N3V DLC Partners
Now released to the public in our store! Each engine contains 2 weathered skins, ARN, Cabs, Animated Doors, Animated Windows, Animated Visors, and more!
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GET THE NEW TRAIN FX LIBRARY FROM THE SITE FOR THE VERSION OF TRS THAT YOU USE.

Just a highlight of some of the new features:
  • Animated Doors front and back
  • On board computers that read back prototypical information (H2 & H3)
  • Distance Counter
  • Animated mirrors and visors
  • Cab equipped with Gecko
  • New Engine sounds courtesy of Mutanay77 & Ryan V.
  • Plus much more!
78265a7a29b5d2fd32a258272a80500c.png
6f34ef3257e66c38876252adb570e93f.png

7832e930ec9c73e5cea33615b3bef222.png

Enjoy!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Getting these babies as soon as my mom comes home.

I know you said in the Club Car thread that you were waiting on updates for loco start-up/shut down. Did that get resolved for the public release, or will that feature come at a later date? Just trying to figure out if I should wait for that or go ahead and spend the money. Looking forward to running them all the same

Ian

there are some inherent problems in Trainz that cause what i consider unacceptable quality when using the startup/shutdown features, and that by itself renders isolating the unit and dynamic brake sounds and other parts of that feature useless. while it is fun to have, it will cureently remain inactive in the TFX until those issues can be resolved. it is not likely that this will become standard on JR locomotives until some changes are made in trainz 12. like most other features implemented via the TFX library, i expect them to be retroactive across all dependent locomotives when that time arrives.

Norfolksouthern37 is it possible for us to commision our purchases to have startup/shutdown on them? im just wondering

there are some inherent problems in Trainz that cause what i consider unacceptable quality when using the startup/shutdown features...

That's good enough for me. There are tons of little things that would be fun to have, but if it means that the unit or TRS will crash, then it's not worth it. Thanks for the info. Excuse me while I head over to your store.

Thanks again for all the great high-quality products you guys put out. They keep getting better with each new product.

Ian

well it isnt that severe, i just don't think it is fair to supply something to the end user that does not work 100% how i intended it. without going into too much detail, there are issues in the 12 sound system that clash with playing engine sounds in the manner required to implement the feature. while i feel i created a working example outside of the game processing, i think that the game itself should handle these processes for reliability and performance reasons. this cannot happen without a change to the software by the developers.

Norfolksouthern37 is it possible for us to commision our purchases to have startup/shutdown on them? im just wondering

At this time this is not a possibility. When the functionality is deemed ready it will be rolled out as specified by ns37 above. Thanks

I'll be honest I'm not terribly crazy about BNSF but, I just couldn't resist buying the H2 version.

BTW I can't wait for the CN C40-8W.

Last edited:
AWESOME!

When I get paid I'll buy 'em!
Also, will the cabs for these work in the GEVOs you have, too?

I just tried out these trains. The cabs are unbelievable. These trains are a Masterpiece of art and work. I love it!!:clap:

I Buyed the H1 and H2 versions... But i have a little problem.. The cw44-9 cab mechanism t1 and cw44-9 cab mechanism t2 are Faulty deps :/ I opened the deps for Edit and Commit, but this dont work :/ I use TRS12 Build:49922. Please help me :)

Thanks

Benjamin

Back