Northeast Corridor Washington-Boston Screenshots; Large pics and maybe videos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress Update V17: (Corridor Renovation)

Done: Alexandria, VA to New London, CT - 345 miles

To do: New London, CT to Boston, MA - idkhowmanymiles

Lol thanks guys :p though i disagree with you Andres, we have A LOT better passenger lines for trainz :)

Well, anyway, the updated is done. Washington - Boston is V17 now.....

As I said on Facebook, Flusi, nice job! I love how I can look at the pictures and instantly recognize the area without reading the captions.

Since this is the full, 456 miles NEC, all those parts are covered and all necessary Interlockings are also included. I could also run Providence & Worchester freight trains in Old Saybrook , but i think there are better routes to simulate freight service than an electric line designated for High Speed Passenger service :p
As for the NS Part, i only know they reach the NEC via the Perryville Interlocking, but have no idea where they leave the corridor in the northern direction...

My favourite types of run throughs are when the pass train overtakes a freighter or slower service

I think freight trains would mix it up a bit Felix, otherwise it's a monotony of the same consists over and over

Just wondering was your route ever released? And sorry if this question been asked already but do you plan on going pSt DC to like Lynchburg or like Newport News?

malikrthr

Very cool train action on the Northeast Corridor Flusi737.

applegathc

I like freight trains.....

LOL me too....more than passenger normally, but not on the NEC :p

My favourite types of run throughs are when the pass train overtakes a freighter or slower service

I think freight trains would mix it up a bit Felix, otherwise it's a monotony of the same consists over and over

I agree with the first one, but the 'slower services' are normally commuter trains on the NEC, freight trains are rare due to the heavy amount of passenger train traffic and the tracks that are mostly owned by Amtrak itself (so no priority for NS, CSX...). It also would be possible to add them to certain parts of the route, but think about adding them everywhere, + having to setup them as AI traffic etc. Even just one AI train in Trainz normally causes problems, and imagine 50+ of them (not to mention the needed PC Specs for that). And...'monotony' - lol. More like 'nothing' - due to the FPS i added no trains at all...so basically one runs 430 miles without seeing any traffic except his own for now. That's even more boring...but what can i do :/ One reason why i do not drive on this line anyway....

susanaes

Just wondering was your route ever released? And sorry if this question been asked already but do you plan on going pSt DC to like Lynchburg or like Newport News?

A.) It was released to certain people that i consider 'friends', and that also have the needed content for it. Due to the large amount of dependencies (4500+ as of today for both parts), it IS impossible to release to the public. One can literally do nothing with the route file alone. And sharing it including the dependencies is not allowed - and no, sorry but i am not going to sit on my PC the next 4 years asking for permission for every single damn tie or tree. No...just no. Thats not my job. I want fun when i come home from work, not that. Helping about 15 people to locate dependencies is ok for me (was...now i dont even have the time to do this for 3 ppl at all), but 100+?

B.) It once was planned, but i now have a job, and that makes it simply impossible.

Regards, a nice day, etc

Felix :wave::D

Last edited:
I'm sorry .. I do not understand a bit what I did wrong, my question is given as a bad example.:(

Excuse my English.

No haha, no problem. you did completely nothing wrong :) :wave:

-> From what i understood, you wanted to tell me that the AZ/AS market building is a private object, correct? Or did i understand something wrong? I dont know what you meant with DLC though :/ sorry

It is just an example for that MOST of what i used is private and people dont want it to be shared, so basically it is useless to give out the route due to that fact.

Felix :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back