Highly detailed routes

nysvrwx

This isn't really a rant tho it might sound like one. bear with me please. :)

Some of the routes in TS12 (including built in) are incredible. Very realistic, like driving through a forest. Unfortunately, for those of us (like me) who have 8+ year old puters, driving them is not fun. It's a jerky ride, and moving about in surveyor to look them over is the same. Being on disability, new computers are out of the question. When I bought these they were around 1200 and powerful for their time, but you know the old saying. It's obsolete by the time you get it home. :) Anyway, I'd rather use my CPU on lots of trains moving than trees blowing in the wind. :)

Reminds me of a thread I saw recently, about what computer should someone buy for Trainz. My answer would be "The most powerful thing that exists, because the next version of a game will require more of everything. This way you won't need to upgrade next release." Kinda true of all these MMORPGs out there. It's near impossible to keep upgrading your machine the way technology leaps forward. Some of us older folks started coding on CoCos and Ataris, and Unix machines way back, and I think it's amazing how far things have come since those days.

I digress...
Just saying I admire the work y'all put into them, even if I can't play them.

Back