Multiplayer - what multiplayer?

Razor01

Trainz Veteran
Well, I know this isn't really news, but multiplayer is down once again. I for one would have purchased something else if multiplayer was not on my priority list. So Auran, what is your plan? Obviously you need to find new more reliable US or Canadian servers that are actually stable. As noted in so many posts, you need to work on multiplayer as it is very unstable in itself, and you need to find ways to let us know where things are at.

When multiplayer is down, there are no postings letting us know what's happening. When it goes down on a weekend (when most people have time to play) it's a lost cause. Help is somewhere within 5 days or so to get a response. People that used to play are gone. If it happens during Christmas break or something , you're hooped as well.

Our business has 24/7 attention because it must! It's not an option. Not having it could cost millions! You need to find a way to make multiplayer work as close to 24/7 as possible, and then make the experience easier to work with.

Again, my thoughts, although I believe they fall on deaf ears.

2 thumbs down folks!

Ray.

I couldn,t have put it better myself, Razor. Whether N3V Games will actually do something about it is another matter. Personally I have all but given up on Trainz 12 and multiplayer for the very reasons you describe.

I've seen many complaints lately about the multiplayer utility, that's a shame. I suppose the wheels will have to continue to squeak until something is done.

Unfortunately, N3V can only do so much on that side as they do not own the servers that provide the Internet capabilities - they are owned by a company in Houston,Texas, USA.

Shane

Unfortunately, N3V can only do so much on that side as they do not own the servers that provide the Internet capabilities - they are owned by a company in Houston,Texas, USA.

That's not really fair on our service provider. This (the "weekly" multiplayer outage) is a fault on our end. We have yet to track down a cause (it doesn't occur regularly, so we can't simply make changes and test whether the situation is improved or not) but rest assured that we're working on it.

kind regards,

chris

Fair enough, but from what I've seen problems do seem to crop up most weekends though. I have heard of issues from other companies with said service provider previously though.

It's good that it is being worked on though, but based on diagnostics I've been running, part of the problem is due to dropped packets just before the server where it is handled.

Shane

.. part of the problem is due to dropped packets just before the server where it is handled.

That doesn't match what we're seeing. You might be seeing the occasional dropped packet, but it is unlikely to be related to the multiplayer outages. It's more of a login processing issue.

kind regards,

chris

Have Zec pull the sparkplugs out of his dad's Nissan Patrol, we'll stick them in the server and see if they work better there. :hehe:
Seriously, to me it seems BETTER than it did in the beginning, as long as they're making progress I don't see the point of demanding instant perfection. Don't get me started on the splined switch progress though. :sleep:

[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  1. You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

OTOH haven't seen any progress on that, type for more than 30 seconds and have to open a new tab to log in again before you can submit?

Interestingly Sniper I get that message all the time when I,m at work but never on my home computer. Maybe because my work computer doesn,t have the email address registered with N3V Games.

MP is working as of now... You people down in Texas need to get off your high horse and get something done.. And if you have to use duct tape to keep them running 24/7 then ill FedEx you some just keep them running. ;)

Back