Help Please

Shane - we must stop meeting like this ! You must type quicker than I can and BTW belated congrats for your 10k milestone (of should that be millstone).

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the advice all.
2010 seems to be OK now.I still have more to move from 2009 but for some reason can't open it.
I keep getting this message...........Unable to write access to user data folder. Then followed by another ........Cannot open Trainz Asset Data base.etc,etc.

Again your advice would be most welcome !
Dave W

The first error is related to a permissions issue - check you are running Trainz as administrator.

The second error can be diagnosed by reading <trainz install folder>/Bin/Jetlog.txt and seeing what the problem is. Sometimes, just a restart is needed.

Shane

Thanks Again,
Having checked I wasn't running as Administrator in either 09 /10.
I thought when asked before about running as Administrator it was meant as in running Windows 7.
What a dunderhead !

I have a lot of pay ware content ie from Eldavo and Snowsignal. These should run OK in 2010 ?

Regards
Dave Williams

In compatibility mode, yes. In native mode, some of snowsignal's payware content will require fixing in order to work correctly.

Shane

Thanks for the info.2009 running great on the new PC ,frame rates in 50 and 60's, no stuttering, great stuff.
One problem I have encounted, I have installed 2010 and transferred items via cdp from 2009 to 2010.
When I open 2010 a lot of items are missing and a lot of items have strange colours like multicoloured dots.
I have done an extended database repair but it doesn't make any difference.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Best Regards
Dave Williamd

Have you tried switching between OpenGL and DX? Thats usually the source of graphics problems in a new system.

Hello. Me again.
Sorry but I'm having real trouble here.Got this brand new PC when I ran 2009 on it ,fantastic frame rates draw distance everything I ever wanted, but since loading 2010 and trying to transfer items over everything has gone wrong,
Latest problem in 2010 when I try to open Content Manager the PC goes blank comes back with a message,
" TADDaemon.exe Application Error.
The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.

Which I can't do because everything has locked so I have press the restart button.
Would I be better off going back to a Restore Point ? I am getting really concerned as I have many hours routes I have modified and built over time.
Again any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dave Williams

Hello,
As my last post was rather on the negative side,everything seems to be coming right now.
Basically I saved all my content to an external disc drive and because I had to reload Windows 7 back onto the PC due to an issue outside of Trainz, started from scratch reinstalled 2009 and patched it right up to 44653.
Now in the lengthy process of bringing back all my content.
So thanks to all the advice given to me and especially to Shane Turners's very helpful tutorials.
Best Regards
Dave W

Back