Exchanging Industries / Stations

-Basti-

Hello guys,

i am working on some stations and splines and used them in a huge route.

Now I had to change the kuids of those stations to the "TrainzDepot" - kuid (because not only I am working on the system).

Now, i am looking for a way to exchanging the old kuids on that route through the new ones, the assets are the same, only kuids changed.

Is there a way to exchange the stations?

Thanks in advantage

Sebastian

In surveyor there is an option to replace. Go to the main menu (top left in surveyor) in the menu is "replace asset" open this up. now you need to select the asset you already have from the "F" menus on the right and drag it into the box on the left hand side. Now select the item you want to replace it with and do the same putting it into the box on the right hand side. Remember you must drag it from off the "F" menu as it will not work if you try to select it from the map.

Dont simply change the KUID in the config file. Make a new asset with the new KUID (same mesh etc). If you add an "obsoletes" section in the config file of the new asset, obsoleting the old KUID, I believe that should update the assets on the route.

Dont simply change the KUID in the config file. Make a new asset with the new KUID (same mesh etc). If you add an "obsoletes" section in the config file of the new asset, obsoleting the old KUID, I believe that should update the assets on the route.

BUT it will also replace the original asset in every other route that uses that asset, possibly with disastrous results.

So the route is also updated with the new KUIDs? Thats what I want!

BUT it will also replace the original asset in every other route that uses that asset, possibly with disastrous results​

Thats exactly what I want, i only changed the KUID of an asset of mine.

Does this also work if the Author has changed?

As I said, the KUIDs changed from mine to a group KUID​

BUT it will also replace the original asset in every other route that uses that asset, possibly with disastrous results.

He is replacing the original asset with the exact same asset. Only the KUID has changed. I think the word you were looking for may have been "seamless". :)

Does this also work if the Author has changed?

Yes it does. It doesnt care about the author. The new asset simply obsoletes the old one.

I've been calling it "obsoletes"... the config.txt keyword you are looking for is actually: 'obsolete-table'

Wylie - I know your method is correct and will work and I did think twice about my reply realising that the OP only wanted to change assets that were locally created and would probably never appear on the dls. However, the thought of the other readers of the thread who might think they can use the method to replace other unwanted items on their route prompted me to make my reply since they could end up inadvertently changing other routes.

Could he use content Manger right click on the asset,click on update asset. That will give him a new kuid #?

Hi,

Use the obsolete table form in the config, go into the route where the old asset is, confirm it has been changed to the new one - which it should if the config is set up correctly - done it my self a few times so I know it works, last time was a couple of weeks ago in TS2010 on a large industry.

Then, do something in that route, change scenery, ground, something that force a save of the route.

Exit Trainz, go back to the new model's config, remove the obsolete part of the table, go back to the map, and you shall see the old model is not there, the new is.

My meaning here is that unless you need for ever the old model to be replace with the new model, there is no need to keep the obsolete part of the config in the new model. :)

Just felt for saying it. :)

Linda

Thanks all for that answer, that helps a lot!

Right, the old (to be exchanged) asset is not on DLS, the new one will be when its finished, thats why i changed KUID ;-)

Thanks a lot, so I dont have to do all that work to exchange this things manually.

And yes, i'll delete the obsolete-table later, i always keep my config-files as short as possible :)

I did know about the obsolete-table - way, what I didnt knew was that the route is updated then! :)

Hey guys,

tried this now, but it doesnt seem to work...

To the config.txt of the kuid <kuid:500749:200001> i added the following:

Code:
obsolete-table
{
  0                                     <kuid:177792:200001>
}

to replace the old KUID.

The old KUID 177792:200001 is not listed as obsolete and when I open Object versions, i only see the one object self...

Tried with TS 2012 CM 3.6.

In Surveyor nothing changes... unfortunately...

Hi,

I think the reason is that it is a different creator's kuid number and Trainz stop you from having that work. I seem to have heard/and seen my self that one can not obsolete a kuid created by someone else.

I know it works within same creator kuid as I don't it my self a few times, but sad to see it don't work for you.

Wish I could help.

Linda

Back