*** All assets in this layout are on the DLS as confirmed by the TRS community ***

Hi Alan.

My Summerland Route 2:51261:100800:1 would qualify as all 10 non built in assets are available on theDLS. all the rest (248) are built in.

NormP.

so if you are building a route how do you "build in" the assets into the route ?

WeddinNSW V2 for TRS2006 (SP1) kuid 56603:100024. And will run OK on mid spec system.

Phil (why not blow you own trumpet)

Yes why not! Because I'm certainly not going to do it for you.. LmFaO:hehe:
This is a superb thread and one I haven't seen up until now on these new forums. (new for me anyway :)
Time to trot out and activate the FCT metinx!
How on earth did I miss this ^^

Thanks for the effort eveyone!

Last edited:
Curious, given the new policies that kick back anything requiring something that's not on the DLS or built in, do we still need this thread? Anyway,

Chicago Metro 2.2,<kuid2:522774:100023:2>

Route and all associated sessions will run in TS2010 native mode and TS12, all dependencies are built in or on the DLS. That's always been my policy for any addons I make, works out of the box for any computer dummy, batteries included no assembly required and none of this idiotic "google the KUID" nonsense. If an asset doesn't meet that standard I just won't upload anything that depends on it.

Curious, given the new policies that kick back anything requiring something that's not on the DLS or built in, do we still need this thread?

Hi,

Are you saying that the DLS does not accept routes with 3rd party content?

An excellent idea, but I can't remember seeing this policy mentioned before.

Cheers, John

Don't remember where it started, but part of the DLS cleanup project. The theory is the upload 'bot checks the dependencies in the KUID table, and if any are not on the DLS or built in, it kicks it back with a rejection email. An example;

Dear sniper297,

Your uploaded content is currently waiting approval, during the automated processing of your file the dependencies where checked and the below report was produced.

This report lists your content that has dependencies which are not currently on the Download Station:

Content: Chicago Metro V1 Tourist Freight (KUID 522774:100063)
Dependencies:
* mrmom (email address removed)
- KUID 38793:900004:2
* josefpav (email address removed)
- KUID 46162:60001
- KUID 46162:60003

Please Note: The above creators have been notified and a request has been sent for them to upload their content.

Regards,
www.auran.com

That was one of many false positives I got when this first started, since the KUIDs listed were actually built into TS2010, but the theory is they no longer accept anything with dependencies that are not built in or on the DLS. If the theory actually works (what are you laughing at? :hehe: ) then any route uploaded in the past year or so should work "out of the box" with no hunting or assembly required. Theoretically. :hehe:

Don't remember where it started, but part of the DLS cleanup project. The theory is the upload 'bot checks the dependencies in the KUID table, and if any are not on the DLS or built in, it kicks it back with a rejection email. An example;

Dear sniper297,

Your uploaded content is currently waiting approval, during the automated processing of your file the dependencies where checked and the below report was produced.

This report lists your content that has dependencies which are not currently on the Download Station:

Content: Chicago Metro V1 Tourist Freight (KUID 522774:100063)
Dependencies:
* mrmom (email address removed)
- KUID 38793:900004:2
* josefpav (email address removed)
- KUID 46162:60001
- KUID 46162:60003

Please Note: The above creators have been notified and a request has been sent for them to upload their content.

Regards,
www.auran.com

That was one of many false positives I got when this first started, since the KUIDs listed were actually built into TS2010, but the theory is they no longer accept anything with dependencies that are not built in or on the DLS. If the theory actually works (what are you laughing at? :hehe: ) then any route uploaded in the past year or so should work "out of the box" with no hunting or assembly required. Theoretically. :hehe:

It doesn't work quite like that. The content is still accepted for the DLS even if there are some dependencies missing.

Cheerio John

That figures. It's SUPPOSED to work like that, but with nobody supervising the 'bot it gets loose screws. I've seen emails from uploads with actual missing dependencies where the sequence goes;

1. Upload failed, list of missing dependencies.
2. Upload approved, ready in 6 hours.

The dependency(s) is/are still missing/unknown, but for some reason the 'bot decided a few hours later, "on second thought, I'll post this anyway and hope for the best". At least (cross fingers) we're not getting a plethora of false positives lately, that one last summer where I uploaded 40 KUID2 replacement freightcars I got 40 rejections for the bogies which were built into 2010 and 12. :sleep:

Well, I will add more: Busch Garden Tampa Route (Not Sure About The Session)
Chicago Metro 3 (Not Sure About The Sessions)
Glacier Park
Heartland America (Faulty Assets But On DLS)
IntenCity1a
MagLev - Lathen Test Track, Germany
That's All For Now

Downloaded Metro 2.2. Thank you for your route!

Are there sessions? If so where/what are they?

I am using Trainz Mac. There were no sessions associated with this route, and content manager in Trainz Mac is a three column table of: Name, Status(Txt), and KUID, and not the robust content manager you see in TS10 or TS12. The VA has me in the hospital and I don't have a PC version available.

Would you please help me connect the dots?

Thanks.

I am also using Trainz Mac. Chicago Metro 3 is the updated version of chicago metro 2.2, and there are also two sessions on the DLS for it. Search for author Sniper297.

Do you mean (In Content Manager)

using the following filters will do what you are looking for as it will filter out
Faulty dependencies, Missing dependencies etc:

refjr2 said:
- Location = Download Station
- AND
- Faulty = False
- AND
- Faulty dependencies = False
- AND
- Has warinings = False
- AND
- Missing dependencies = False
- AND
- Obsolete = False
- AND
- Out of date = False

OR a even better search:

refjr2 said:
- Location = Download Station
- AND
- Category = whatever you select (or "Author = name" or "Author = #author number" kuid = author#:item#:version#)
- AND NOT
- Faulty = True
- OR
- Faulty dependencies = True
- OR
- Has warinings = True
- OR
- Missing dependencies = True
- OR
- Obsolete = True
- OR
- Out of date = True

Is there a filter in TRS2009 that content creators can use to ensure all items are on the DLS?

Thanks John

Afraid this label should read *** All assets ... were at one time on the DLS ...

I'm trying to piece together CSX Henderson Sub, Missing, presumed lost, are:
<kuid:13842:4000016>
<kuid:13842:4000017> (this author has pulled everything)
<kuid2:7592:52784:7> (also don't see anything by this author)

If I had some idea of what they were I could make subs in the config...

NS Lake Division District just has faulty rolling stock (no other version that I could find) which shouldn't be hard to replace. Would love to do that w/ text rather than surveyor; any tips or advice would be just so shiny. :)

Many thanks for your replies.

I guess someone made a false claim or the mentioned kuids are built-in in some version of Trainz.

<kuid:13842:4000016>
<kuid:13842:4000017> (this author has pulled everything)
Author= toymax633. Never ever heard of him before.
Have not found anything on the DLS or on the index.

<kuid2:7592:52784:7> (also don't see anything by this author)
Author = Euphod.
Just did a check and you should be able to find 1602 different assets made by him, just not this sound file.
http://www.trainzkuidindex.com/eng/Assets/assetDetails/171144/0/7592/52784/-1/7

Of course Euphod's stuff is there. think i went looking for 7594. ... hmm sound file, huh? think i'll get by without that. if Trainz will let me.

ooh, wait: Clam1952's gone and found it for me. if i can just figure out how to extract it from that website. Thank you for that.

Thank you for the help and a great resource. ( and if you don't mind my asking... just what are you preparing for with all those bunkers? )

gotta fly. my grain silos in Marias Pass Approach have magically reappeared. (i think i would have been better off with whatever asset i updated)

why when using the downoad station do I get a messagege like could not download check your log in details this was done all is corect ????
and no help from N3V any more?

why when using the downoad station do I get a messagege like could not download check your log in details this was done all is corect ????
and no help from N3V any more?

Not really appropriate for this thread, please use the DLS FCT forum for issues with the DLS, https://forums.auran.com/trainz/forumdisplay.php?11-DLS-FCT
Probably need a database repair or re-install or stop the firewall AV or Anti-malware program from blocking it.

Broken link?

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=9073&page=5

When I try to access the above link I get this msg:

AWRRBob, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Back