Download 'Helper'?

stratforduk6

Hi everyone,
Ive tried a million times to use the dowload helper when using the DLS but It says in the corner 'KUID :xxx:xxx - Unknown Location' and there is a little question mark in the picture. Does anyone know how to get my DLH to help with downloads?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,
Ive tried a million times to use the dowload helper when using the DLS but It says in the corner 'KUID :xxx:xxx - Unknown Location' and there is a little question mark in the picture. Does anyone know how to get my DLH to help with downloads?

Thanks.

What are you trying to download. If something is a missing dependency, then you will get this message. Sometimes if the DLS database is out of sync with your local copy, you'll get this message. Usually this fixes its self after a day or two which I've found to be the case.

John

I'm assuming you are talking about the web DLS ? If so its easier to use Content Manager ("Content" on the TS12 startup menu) to download things. Only snag is that it's a day behind the web DLS.

If you are using Content Manager then, as John said, the "?" will appear if a dependency is not on the DLS or if the content you are trying to download is not compatible with your Trainz version.

Could you provide some screenshots, or other examples of the problem ?

The little yellow 'question mark' icon in CM means that the asset you are looking for is not on the DLS. There are many many trainz assets which are available only from 3rd party web sites. The quickest way to find them is usually a google search for the kuid number, which will take you straight to them about 90% of the time. If that fails, try a forum search, then lastly a 'Missing Dependency' thread right here.

After locating and downloading, just drag the cmp file into any open CM window and it will install automatically....

Last edited:
...how can I provide a screenshot?...

You need a free account with one of the many online photo hosting services (I use Photobucket, there are probably better). You then upload your screen shot to your "Album" and use the links provided by the website to paste into your forum post. To check if it works use the "Go Advanced" forum reply option and get a preview of your post. Keep the image sizes reasonable, details are in the forum code of conduct.

Back