Something odd.

Sean_lee

Seems DLs and content manager are not speaking to one another, as I try to download from either place it all freezes. also having trouble downloading anything. also CM will not shut down. have to go to task manager to close it. Also the past few weeks i have had to validate 2010 on 3 occasions this takes forever as it rebuilds all my route and content, plus my route in the menu seems to migrate all over, sometimes in the middle sometimes on top, also on doing a database repair on reopening surveyor it will default to the start of my route not where i left off. I havnt lost anything but a bit peplexed at this. has anyone else had these problems seems to be this last update that auran did has scrambled some things.

Seems DLs and content manager are not speaking to one another, as I try to download from either place it all freezes. also having trouble downloading anything. also CM will not shut down. have to go to task manager to close it. Also the past few weeks i have had to validate 2010 on 3 occasions this takes forever as it rebuilds all my route and content, plus my route in the menu seems to migrate all over, sometimes in the middle sometimes on top, also on doing a database repair on reopening surveyor it will default to the start of my route not where i left off. I havnt lost anything but a bit peplexed at this. has anyone else had these problems seems to be this last update that auran did has scrambled some things.

Hi Sean,

This sounds like you might need to do a database repair.

If Content Manager loads:

Go to the file menu and choose Quick Database Repair.

Let the process do its thing. This can take some time to run so be patient. When I need to run this, I usually do something away from my computer like practice the piano or go out for a walk.

John

CM has not finished doing its job if you close it to soon. Thats why you have to validate so often. The rebuild comes from the back up file created when you close trainz so if your last sessions are not saved across to the back up then they are not backed up and cant be restored on a rebuild.

Back