AI control of switches using Session rule Set Junction.

Robert2d6

Cab Driver
I am trying to straighten out a problem in one of the TS12 default sessions Norfolk and Western Coal Session. The AI trains that approach a junction, if the junction is set incorrectly, will just sit there forever, rather than changing the junction. Now I notice in the session rules there is a set junction command and these are usually located after a trigger check. What I want is for the AI to be able to control the junction, when they AI approaches it rather than just sitting there forever because the junction is toggled the wrong way. One of the options in the set junction, is to enable AI control. If I do that for a particular junction, is that the best way to allow the AI train to toggle that junction, when it arrives, so it can pass ( providing the track it will be switched to is clear).

I use Trigger check & switch junction to have my junctions change on my driving route.Don't know if it will help with AI. Or you may put a signal just pass the junction (s)in question.

I use Trigger check & switch junction to have my junctions change on my driving route.Don't know if it will help with AI. Or you may put a signal just pass the junction (s)in question.

I was wondering that too regarding the signals. I have found that if the line is incorrectly signaled the AI will look dumbfounded every time they get to a junction.

I forgot to add... I should try running the route. I usually don't run the built-in ones because I prefer to build my own. To be honest I wouldn't mind a Trainz version without built-in routes and just the content. This would save a ton of install time and not eat up my disk space.

John

Back