CLUB CAR: New Release: Reading & Northern Route

Only takes about an hour or so to replace the Pofigs with TANE compatible trees in TS12 then replace those with better trees in TANE:

rn_st2.jpg

They are only trees so direct replacement isn't necessary, I just changed them with something else.

Harold

Last edited:
Can you just replace the pofig kuid's in the config with other ones because I replaced an older faulty item with the same item error free which is a newer update of the asset and it replaced the faulty one by changing the kuid in the table and it then referenced to the kuid that I replaced the older kuid with.

Can you just replace the pofig kuid's in the config with other ones because I replaced an older faulty item with the same item error free which is a newer update of the asset and it replaced the faulty one by changing the kuid in the table and it then referenced to the kuid that I replaced the older kuid with.

Hey! I am in the process of doing the same thing. Trying to figure out the best way to go about replacing all of the faulty Pofig trees so the route is error-free in TANE. My issue right now is figuring out which assets to use for the replacements. Any ideas?

Hey! I am in the process of doing the same thing. Trying to figure out the best way to go about replacing all of the faulty Pofig trees so the route is error-free in TANE. My issue right now is figuring out which assets to use for the replacements. Any ideas?

I had the same problem with Checkrail.com's EK3 route, which also use Pofig's trees. To solve this problem, I installed the EK3 route in the latest edition of TS12 and replaced it with clam1952's trees. Then I installed the route (with the replaced trees) into TANE and replaced them with TANE-compliant Speedtrees. I also wrote down what Pofig tree was replaced with what clam1952 tree so that I wouldn't use the same clam1952 tree for two Pofig trees and to know which clam1952 tree to replace with what Speedtree when I get the route in TANE.

Mcquirel's trees on the DLS are the best North American deciduous trees:

rn_st4.jpg

If you change out the EK3 use the 2010 version, the route's billboards are compatible with TANE.

Harold

Last edited:
The route actually loads fine without the pofig trees. I never actually installed them in TANE so the route shows unknown assets which are the pofig trees. There are still lots of trees on the route. I was wondering though if it was possible to replace the kuids of the trees in the route's config without using 12. I think when you replace kuids in the kuid table for the route's assets it will then replace those items with new ones. But I would need to know what each tree looked like before replacing it with a similar tree which is impossible without installing the trees first and perhaps looking at the tree's tga files to see what kind of tree they are.

I had the same problem with Checkrail.com's EK3 route, which also use Pofig's trees. To solve this problem, I installed the EK3 route in the latest edition of TS12 and replaced it with clam1952's trees. Then I installed the route (with the replaced trees) into TANE and replaced them with TANE-compliant Speedtrees. I also wrote down what Pofig tree was replaced with what clam1952 tree so that I wouldn't use the same clam1952 tree for two Pofig trees and to know which clam1952 tree to replace with what Speedtree when I get the route in TANE.

Hey! Thanks for the tip! Would be agreeable to sharing that list with me? It would be a HUGE help to know which tree to replace the pofig ones with. Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for the tip! Would be agreeable to sharing that list with me? It would be a HUGE help to know which tree to replace the pofig ones with. Thanks!

This will be of some help to figure out what Pofig tree to replace with clam1952's trees. It's a thread that translates pofig's naming system from Russian to English and is helpful when figuring out which pofig tree to replace with what clam1952 tree.
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?122875-Speedtrees-by-rmm-English-translations&highlight=speedtrees

I always replaced the Pofigs mainly with the N3V speedtrees:

trees_conversion_ts12.jpg

They are so grotesque makes them easy to find in TANE.

Never worried about type, they represent nature which is infinitely random.

Harold

This is the method I used to replace Pofigs trees. The placeholders were cloned from <kuid2:404575:100524:1>, built in, and colored/named for the various types of trees. I did not attempt to do all of his trees, just enough to fill the black spots. The project took about a week, but I am retired, so time may vary.

John

Profig-trees-place-holders.jpg

Im missing these dependencies
<kuid:193623:1311>
<kuid:106916:10471>
<kuid:106916:10402>
<kuid:71619:22116>
<kuid2:82412:611115:2>
<kuid2:106916:10436:1>
<kuid:429786:1380>
<kuid:41997:12427>
<kuid:1987:39>