Guard's Van

Robert2d6

Cab Driver
Just running the Cattle Dock session in Settle and Carlisle this morning which is my favorite route since I got it last week, and got to the first place to uncouple some cattle cars, and they mentioned the "Guard Van". Now what the heck is that, I am thinking:confused:. So after a great deal of wondering and scrathing my head, I finally guessed that maybe it was the caboose, since I didn't see any other vans parked around the train I was running. Well in the process of trying to uncouple the "guard van", from the back of the 6 cattle cars I had backed into the siding, I managed to derail the train on one of the junctions..... :'(.. Live and learn...

BTW, how come all the AI auto traffic is riding on the "wrong side of the road" ? ;)

You wacky Americans and your silly differences in terminology and standards! :p

But yeah, guard's van (or brakevan as it's also known) = caboose.

And yeah, AI traffic runs on the side of the track in a route according to the route's location. UK practice is left-hand side of double-track. Most US railroads it's right side. Hence the 'wrong-road' running from your perspective. ;)

You wacky Americans and your silly differences in terminology and standards! :p

But yeah, guard's van (or brakevan as it's also known) = caboose.

And yeah, AI traffic runs on the side of the track in a route according to the route's location. UK practice is left-hand side of double-track. Most US railroads it's right side. Hence the 'wrong-road' running from your perspective. ;)

Notice the "wink" after my comment?

Back