FCT Required?

Andres_Nunez

Buffalonian
Hey i was wondering if to download stuff from the DLS using download helper it is required to have a First Class Ticket. I'm asking this because i can download using FTP links but with download helper i can't download. So i was wondering if this is being caused with not having a First Class Ticket.

If you can download using FTP links, then it does not mean you need a FCT at this point in time (at least until 2014).

It may be worth posting details of what issues you are encountering with the Download Helper option as I may be able to help out with it.

Shane

If you can download using FTP links, then it does not mean you need a FCT at this point in time (at least until 2014).

It may be worth posting details of what issues you are encountering with the Download Helper option as I may be able to help out with it.

Shane

Well with download helper i get the dreaded "unknown location" and with FTP Links i can download with no issues at all. I can not even download with Download Helper because it will launch CMP but not download "unknown location" is what it will say. With FTP Links it's okay but it takes a long time searching for over 600 dependencies.

Try running a database repair in Content Manager.

Shane

I just finished both a quick database repair and an extended database repair but nothing. Download Helper is not helping download anything from both DLS'. I don't know why i can't use Download Helper to download because it won't but with FTP i'm able to download. :(

I'm thinking maybe i should buy a FCT and see if it will download with that, but right now i'm not able to download anything if it's not clicking FTP Link, and it's really a pain downloading it via FTP because then i have to search through my downloads folder and manually install it to Trainz. I can't even download via CMP without going to the download station, and this did not happen while i had a FCT so i might just go ahead and buy one tomorrow. I mean i patched up to 3.3 and checked everything but nothing, if it's Auran's fault i'm really dissapointed :(

Delete all temporary files and cookies, reboot the PC and see if you can download with content manager. Sometimes works, worth a try anyway.

ok i did all that, but i still can't download using download helper. FTP works fine but Download Helper really does not help, I uninstalled Trainz, reinstalled but nothing. I'm considering buying a FCT if all fails. :(

So i had this route with missing dependencies and i used Download Helper. I wanted to try one more time before i buy a FCT and this is what i got.

NOTE: all dependencies shown in the screenshot are on the dls.

CMP.jpg

I've gotten this issue a few times with certain content as well - it turns out it's the content that I'm trying to download at fault. Despite appearing in the CMP list as something you can download for your version of Trainz, in actuality the content may actually be for a higher Trainz 'build' (ala, version) than the version of Trainz you have. Hence the software refuses to download it. As the content you're having trouble with appears to be a dependency for a route you've downloaded, it's very likely this is the cause of the problem.

I've been told the only way apparently to overcome it is to purchase a later version of Trainz, register it, and then try downloading the item again, but I presume you could also hack the route's config file (a text file that all Trainz items have) and delete the entries in it for that particular piece of content, but that's more of an advanced way of doing things.

I've gotten this issue a few times with certain content as well - it turns out it's the content that I'm trying to download at fault. Despite appearing in the CMP list as something you can download for your version of Trainz, in actuality the content may actually be for a higher Trainz 'build' (ala, version) than the version of Trainz you have. Hence the software refuses to download it. As the content you're having trouble with appears to be a dependency for a route you've downloaded, it's very likely this is the cause of the problem.

I've been told the only way apparently to overcome it is to purchase a later version of Trainz, register it, and then try downloading the item again, but I presume you could also hack the route's config file (a text file that all Trainz items have) and delete the entries in it for that particular piece of content, but that's more of an advanced way of doing things.

Ok but here's the thing. I barely download stuff that's made for Trainz 2010, i download TS09 and down because it meets my demands and criteria. Now ive downloaded several of the dependencies via FTP and they install fine. Now i never had this issue with TS09 and there are somethings that i can download mostly content that was just uploaded. Not that there's anything wrong with that but the content that's new is not what i want. EX: i wanted to download some CSX locomotives, all the locomotives in the list said Unknown Location. I picked a locomotive that was recently uploaded (MOPAC SW1500) and bam it downloaded with out a problem. I have checked some of the content i download to see if i can and it does not give a build error, like saying "content error". But this happens with content that's been up for a couple of years, now i'm wondering if it's off limits or it's in the process of being "migrated" with everything else or if it's been deleted by the uploader. The thing is content for TS09 and lower won't download and even content for TS10 does not download.

Now it can't be the software because i couple of weeks back in early september i was able to download some of the Loco's, rolling stock, routes i wanted and then one day i click on the download helper button. It launches CMP and "unknown location", i uninstalled TS10 and reinstalled the copy TS09 i had in the attic. The same issue happened, for a couple of days i could download then it said "unknown location" when i wanted to download. I checked to see if i had disk space to download it, which i have plenty about 90GB but it would not download. I checked my Internet connection, patched Trainz, checked the version the content was made for. It checks out that i can download it but when i hit that Download Helper button it will not download. I then click the FTP link and it download's without a problem and i import it into Trainz. Also without a problem, ive checked config files and everything is built for TS10 and lower nothing over 3.3. Now i'm going to keep trying to see if there's anything left to try but first i have to take an Advil because all of this is giving me a migraine.

Well with download helper i get the dreaded "unknown location" and with FTP Links i can download with no issues at all. I can not even download with Download Helper because it will launch CMP but not download "unknown location" is what it will say. With FTP Links it's okay but it takes a long time searching for over 600 dependencies.

This issue with the unknown location is confusing. Ive managed to download several items that are marked as such. And while this does not work for all file it is working for some.

Back