Ghost trains.......

Can y'all just stop raging at him for a story?

It's the context of a train with mental health issues, it's a touch disturbing. Not because it's in anyway a scary story, but because it's odd that someone could come up with such a strange idea... Never mind using the topic of mental health in such a manner might actually upset someone.

The fact that the train has faced mental health issues, murdered ~300 people, and escaped/disintegrated into a ghoul (whose means of self-transportation seem sketchy, at the very least) is reminiscent of the most cliché of cliché stories, except a train is the ghost. After all, what's a pair of rails underfoot differentiating us from trains, anyway? :eek:

The fact that the train has faced mental health issues, murdered ~300 people, and escaped/disintegrated into a ghoul (whose means of self-transportation seem sketchy, at the very least) is reminiscent of the most cliché of cliché stories, except a train is the ghost. After all, what's a pair of rails underfoot differentiating us from trains, anyway? :eek:
So for some reason there can be ttte fans, but not people who make up/share story's about talking trains? For the second time, it's a ghost train thread, I told a story, just a story, and and now all of you guys are being really mean about it, why? I told a sorta cliche story about a ghost train, and now I belong in a support group. *sigh*

~something deep within him snapped, and he went insane- bonkers- totally MAD ~ the engine thought to himself "yes here is good" as a sharp turn was approaching. The engine picked up speed, and his wheels moved faster and faster. "Woah, slow down!" Said his driver, but he only laughed. Ahead was a sharp curve, and he flew off of it, still attached to his train. Everyone on board died. ~ When all the wreckage was removed, there was no sign of the engine, some say it drove its self all the way down to hell.
I thought it was kinda' funny myself, and got quite a chuckle out of it :hehe: Especially the short, to the point, 4 word sentence, epitaph: "Everyone on board died" ... "some say it drove its self all the way down to hell" ... lol ... Maybe it is in a pit, deep in the bowels of the junk yard, where Freddy Krueger is ?

Last edited:
A quote from this link:
http://americanfolklore.net/folklore/2010/07/ghost_train.html

Ghost Train

An Alberta Ghost Story

retold by

S. E. Schlosser

"I was a railway fireman back in those days, working on the CPR line in Alberta. I did a hard day's work and earned me a fair wage. I was young then, and my pretty little bride was just setting up housekeeping in the little cottage that was all we could afford. Life was good, and I thought everything would continue rolling along that way.

Then came that fateful day in May of 1908. I was working nights that month, and my buddy Twohey was the engineer. We were about three kilometers out of Medicine Hat when a blazing light appeared in front of the engine. It was another train on a collision course with us. Twohey yelled at me to jump, but there was no time. The light was right on top of us. I thought we were dead. Then the oncoming train veered off to the right and ran passed us, its whistle blowing and the passengers staring at us through the windows. But there was only a single track in that stretch of hills, and it was the one we were on. I looked over at the shrieking, rumbling Ghost Train and saw that the wheels were not touching the ground!

Well, we were mighty spooked by the incident. Twohey decided to take some time off from engineering and began working in the yard; but I kept working the night shift as a fireman, not wanting some Ghost Train to drive me away a job I enjoyed.

A few weeks later, I was stoking the fire for an engineer named Nicholson when we heard the shrill whistle blast through the calm night air. We were on the same single track just outside of Medicine Hat, and the brilliant light of the Ghost Train burst out of nowhere, blinding us. Nicholson gave a shout of terror and I thought my heart would stop. As before, the Ghost Train veered off to the right at the last possible second. I saw it race passed us on tracks that did not exist, its passengers staring curiously at Nicholson and I from out of the windows.

That did it. I wasn't about to go back on the tracks after that. I did yard work for the rest of the month of May and a few weeks in June. Finally, I decided that enough was enough, and I gritted my teeth and resumed my role as fireman.

I was firing up an engine in the yard one evening in early July when the report of an accident came in. The Spokane Flyer and a Lethbridge passenger train had a head-on collision on the single track three kilometers outside of Medicine Hat, on the exact spot where the Ghost Train had appeared. The Lethbridge locomotive had derailed and its baggage car was destroyed. Seven people were killed in the accident, including the two engineers. One was my buddy Twohey, and the other was Nicholson."

I'm trying to make my own Clinchfield "Demon 311" by typing each color code in the config text as 300,0,0,255, but the smoke only comes out to fade from red to pink to white as it leaves the engine.
300 is not a valid value for a color list.
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/"Smoke"_container#color
If your smoke is not appearing as expected you may need to consider other tags used in the container.
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/"Smoke"_container

Back