Ghost trains.......

heres one that happened to me.
well, i was recently in Centerville in Crawford county PA were the PRR Chautauqua branch (Octls2's route) ran threw, not realizing this at the time i was at my friends house, which is about a 1/2 mile from the old railroad
bed. so we were going to drive to Titusville to get some pizza at little Cesar's. We walked out of his house and it was dark and snowy and got halfway to my car when suddenly we heard a distant whistle, and blew again in a cadence ive heard many steam locomotives do. as it continued to blow over and over again I stopped in my tracks. very confused I asked my friend Jake "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" he claims there was once a train wreck back in 30's just out side centerville and that the train derailed and sank into the swamp and that it was a ghost train. now I'm not to sure about that being true or it being a ghost train, it could have been someones old steam tractor or someone had a steam whistle but it kinda creeped me out. and i asked some other people in centerville casually if someone had an old steam whistle or something that whistles loudly and they all told me the same story. so i thought id tell you guys.
what do you think it is? I'm still skeptical.

whats it called isent it the clinchfeld 311? because i searched demon 311 in the CM under download station then i got nothing to display then i saw a video from last year when thye first came with it and is it me or did it say clinchfeld on the tender then just now i found one that said CRR #311 4-8-2 Mountain is that the one?

Out of curiosity, are we allowed to post Ghost Train stories we made up? I'm asking not just because I'm curious, but also because I actually did make one up myself.

There actually was a wreck in Centerville PA in 1920. The lead engineer was killed, and the engine turned over, but the passenger cars all stayed upright, so if you go to investigate, only the engineer will be running after you, not w horde of zombies, so put your shotty away lol.

I hate to bring MSTS into this but the one story I found sent chills down my spine the first time I read it. Thomasville Railroad #13. Do NOT read this at night if you are easily scared, it's not your usual ghost story but there's some evidence there that I believe might be true. It's raining outside as I'm typing this lol.

I hate to bring MSTS into this but the one story I found sent chills down my spine the first time I read it. Thomasville Railroad #13. Do NOT read this at night if you are easily scared, it's not your usual ghost story but there's some evidence there that I believe might be true. It's raining outside as I'm typing this lol.

Do you have a link for us?

I was playing trainz on the I pad and I was getting chased by (demon 311)it was right behind me and Iam going full speed. Demon 311 is from the clinchfeild rail road it only appears on Holloween so keep an eye out for it. My eyes were like this o__0

I SWARE THIS ACUALY HAPPEND TO ME. It really scared. My

You had a dream. I had a dream that the loco was trying to go to the shed but the brige was still broken so it fell down in the same place every time like was an infinite loop. Must be someone trying to demolish it.

Does this qualify. I found this on a screen shot forum a long time ago. I don't remember who posted it, so I can't credit the author. Anyhow, I think its a great shot and fits the theme of this thread.

Last edited:
There is a guy that has a million dollar wager, for anyone who can prove without any reasonable doubt, the existence of Ghosts, Aliens, Sasquatch ... etc ...

I just remembering once me and my dad were driving down to the mall for a haircut down in Hyannis mass and so the tracks we have always passed well anyways this was 2009 I think and I looked over with my dad and saw a train we both pulled into this motorcycle shop to get a better look next look back at the spot I looked both ways.......... but NO TRAIN!? :eek: and so I think it was possible if I saw the ghost of Mass Coastal #1201! :confused: which is the train I walked along side of when I was 3 years old and some guy who was working in the yard let me and my dad take a look around I just realized that now:eek:

Well, one story DOES come to mind...

for those of you who know, the Great Northern roosterd a fleet of S-2 4-8-4s. One engine in paticular had mental health problems. The engine required a special type of coal that worked as medicine to act ok. When the engine heard that the railway was going to scrap him and his brothers, something deep within him snapped, and he went insane- bonkers- totally MAD. He tricked his crew into giving him normal coal, and they set off to collect his train-- the empire builder.

as the train rushed along, the engine thought to himself "yes here is good" as a sharp turn was approaching. The engine picked up speed, and his wheels moved faster and faster. "Woah, slow down!" Said his driver, but he only laughed. Ahead was a sharp curve, and he flew off of it, still attached to his train. Everyone on board died. The train had been traversing the Sierra Nevada, and the train fell deep into a crevice. When all the wreckage was removed, there was no sign of the engine, some say it drove its self all the way down to hell.

Thats the end of my story. All credit to metal head railfan of fanfiction.com it's also fictional. This never happened in real life.

51977816.jpg

ALSO did you and preston really have to bump a 2 year old thread just to post........that?

Last edited:
Steam locomotives with mental health problems! Gosh, they should start a support group.
Seriously, I know it's cliche, but what did I just read.

Back