DLS not working?

GeorgeCW

Is it just my computer or are other people having trouble with the DLS, When I go to the DLS and click on detail I get a description but no pic. I also have not seen any of the newer content in CM in over a week

Been reported numerous times on several threads. they are working on it, has to do with the server switch I guess.

Not just you, known problem and tickets have been raised by some of us, couple of threads about this already.

I, too, DLS does not work. After reinstalling the game content manager sees only local additions installed on your computer, and add to the DLS does not see and can not download them accordingly. This lasts for about two weeks, a disgrace. When it finally stops? Tired of these problems ... Because of this not working multiplayer.

Really gotta wonder why they were so fussy about the thumbnail images in the first place, most of the time you can't tell anything about the asset from the teeny picture anyway. I use this one for sounds;

thumbnailax.jpg

That explains my lack CMP asset updates for almost two weeks now, even though CMP tells me it is connected.

I'm downloading via CMP right this moment. No problems. Black pages work too, with tumbnails at least from the 16th.

Might depend on what you're downloading, I just looked at my stuff in my alternate TS12 content mangler;

CB&Q Oil Tanker 3,<kuid:522774:100268> uploaded 11 September - shown in the list.
undergrowth_6h,<kuid:522774:100687> uploaded 15 September - not in the list, nor is anything I uploaded later. Kind of used to CM not updating for 24-48 hours after something appears on the black pages, but today is the 26th here in central Yankee Doodle Land, 11 days is a bit slow. Okay, so clear the cache, go to the F:\twelve2\TS12\UserData\cache folder, select everything in it and delete to force an update. Restart content mangler, still not in the list. Something somewhere seems like the updater gizmo needs some loose screws tightened.

Against my better judgement I've just done an EDR, got the 25th and 26th back, now lost the 21st and 15th still missing 12th to 14th but at least finally got rid of the 2 minute update attempt.

Thanks for that steamrodder. I like the new DLS; it is much more visually attractive then the black pages of the old one. I also discovered a little bit of an Easter Egg on there too.

Last edited:
some stuff from the current DLS can be downloaded, the same can be said for the new DLS. I attempted to download some CSX loco's on both and said unknown location. I downloaded some other locomotives and it downloaded, i'm currently confused how some stuff is there and other stuff is not there.

Last edited:
some stuff from the current DLS can be downloaded, the same can be said for the new DLS. I attempted to download some CSX loco's on both and said unknown location. I downloaded some other locomotives and it downloaded, i'm currently confused how some stuff is there and other stuff is not there.

Andres,

There are technical difficulties at the moment. N3V has been made aware of the issue. The problem you are seeing is the database on the server is out of sync with your local copy. They are supposed to exchange information and when this doesn't happen this is the result.

John

PS Fix the spelling in your signature. Norofolk? This should be Norfolk instead.

I'm sure we'll continue to see issues while they are migrating the database to the new locoation and rebuilding parts of the archives as has been verified by N3V staff in other threads. I'm sure the predictable "I want a refund on my FCT" threads will soon appear.:eek:

"locoation", as in loco location, probably an apt description. :cool: I'm still looking for these alleged easter eggs, got a hint?

Back