My Strasburg pics

Well, I've went back and did the Cagney line! The Arlesdale Railway track suits it well!

springtransit_20130729_0000.jpg

I would really like it if someone did a Cagney 4-4-0, but one does with what one has...:eek:

springtransit_20130730_0001.jpg

springtransit_20130730_0003.jpg

Okay, this might be an issue... :eek:

springtransit_20130730_0002.jpg

The Cagney line look really good, but I was actually referring got something else you forgot. Here are a few hints:

1. It's painted blue.
2. This engine is an 0-6-0 tank nine converted from a saddle-tank to represent a famous engine.
3. It's taken out on special days.

Can you guess which engine you forgot?

I know this was probably only for the creator but I cant take it anymore I know its THOMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Last edited:
I still want to strangle the guy who thought turning that BEDT loco into Thomas was a good idea :eek::hehe: Actually, I'd go for a Cagney myself: there's that funky 0-4-0 on TPR for 10.25 inch gauge that may work for this in the interim (if you can find the drive bogey for the bugger, I can't recall ever managing to myself). We need to get Bill and Mr. Lerro to make a CNR 89 to complete the roster, that of bother Ben Neal until he does :hehe:

(BTW, I'm insanely jealous of how many of Bill Klene's and Steve Lerro's steam locos you have: dagnabbit, I need more spare money! CURSE YOU COLLEGE!!!!)

PRR D16sb 1223 at Leaman Place Junction

Here's some shots of the 1223 with my updated 80's version re-skins of colorado71's Strasburg Coaches:

All looks very nice. I was beginning to update this route also, but you have made much more progress than me. It does look wonderful :D keep up the good work!

Thanks, I've done some more work, I'll see about some pics. Hey, SRR89, if you're looking here, Trainz Eastern Routes would like to release my updated layout, if you don't mind... It will be freeware, of course!

Strasburg's 475 at the Red Caboose Motel Grade Crossing

Here's Strasburg's 475 near the Red Caboose Motel Grade Crossing. I haven't yet replaced the Crossing Signals like springtransit but I did do a re-skin of another asset to make Strasburg's Yard Limit signs, both the Rusty one near Red Caboose Motel and the "new" one at the other end of the line.

Strasburg Coach Re-skins

So in addition to making a number of updates to the Strasburg V2 route, I've also expanded upon colorado71's original set of coaches, adding some of them not included in his original set.

And a closer look at a couple of the Strasburg's 1980's Paint Scheme (or as close as the could be reproduced) Coaches including the "Pequea Creek" which was rebuilt in 1988 as the "Marian" parlor car and "Cherry Hill" which was re-named "Huber Leath" in 2007.

Strasburg's 475 and PRR D16sb 1223 outside of the engine shed before pulling the day's trains.

PRR D16sb 1223 pulling the half-hour train past the Yard Limit sign on the approach to Leaman Place Junction.

The view from the cab on the 1223 pulling the train into Leaman Place Junction.

Hey Mark, where did you get that Yard Limit sign? I'd like to incorporate it into mine!

I created the yard limit signs myself by re-skinning another asset (available throught the DLS) utilizing texture maps created from photos I took myself out at Strasburg. I'm still waiting for permission from the creator of the original asset to share it, I sent a PM to the creator back in Mid-July but when I last checked he hasn't logged into the forum since I sent it.

Unfortunately no e-mail was provided in any of that creator's assets. Assuming I get permission I plan to upload both versions (Rusty & New) to the DLS, I'll be happy to let you know once they're available.

Regards,
Mark

Hate to bump an old thread (don't kill me folks), but has this route update been released and where could I find it? Having a hell of a time searching all over the place...

No, it hasn't been released. And unfortunately, I've lost the route in a shuffle. I saved it to an archive file, but I can't get CMP to read the file!:(

Back