My Strasburg pics

springtransit

What are you looking at?
Lately, I've been working on a revision of srr89's Strasburg layout! ...:eek: Well, take a look:

springtransit2012091600.jpg

I replaced the ballast texture with a higher res 09 one, and also replaced the water tank with the functioning one by pencil42. Also, the track srr89 used would be more suited for more modern roads that use continuous welded rail, and it was missing the ends on the rails! So, I replaced it all with Jointed Rail's 132# track, which is much more appropriate for a steam era route.

For my version, I wanted to go back to my visit to Strasburg in 2000, when this crossing was still open to traffic...

springtransit2012091400.jpg

Now, according to the railroad, the crossing signals by the Caboose Hotel were installed in 69ish, so I wanted to have crossing signals representing that time...

More to come soon!

I'm liking it! And just to ask....where did you get those crossings?? I've been looking everywhere for older style crossings but couldn't really find them anywhere.

Robby :wave:

They're on the DLS, search "Level Crossing Signal" author jmann. More pics...

Cherry Hill, not much changed, but signals function.

springtransit2012092400.jpg

The caboose motel, not accurate but put some cabeeses there, and you can watch trains from them! A like so...

Carpenters crossing, with more modern crossing signals...

more...

7312 in the shed!

Foreground is a stand-in for CPR 972, behind it a stand-in for CNR 89. In the back is a composite stand-in for Reading no. 4 and PRR 1223.

springtransit2012091600a.jpg

Yeah, it's Canadian, but I use it because of the Exempt sign.

More soon!

Well I making a up to date strasburg version with how strasburg looks today but here different versions of 90
scaled.php

Last edited:
Man All things on this strasburg layout he did I really wished had the way he designed I have starsburg right now but The he designed it I want it so badly

Here, we focus on the RR Museum of PA! Hadn't yet funds for the K4 though...

I added some track inside the museum so I could have some of the engines displayed there. Right to Left: PRR no. 1223 stand-in, V&T Tahoe no. 20 stand-in, PRR no. 1187 stand-in, and Conrail no. 2233:

Unfortunately, there is not yet a model of the John Bull, so the Lion will have to do:

Im not sure you got my PM springtransit but the layout you did could you upload that on content manager so I can download your railroad because it looks so real I would appericate if could upload your railroad on content manger.:)

its not finished yet. and if he did upload it, you would not be able to get it because of the dls issues.

I just want the railroad not the engines or anything like that cause I have my own trains I just want the railroad.

Back