Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

8685.1430916632.jpg

Tennessee National Railroad Museum is in Nashville. On the "Texas", I've seen references to about five engines being named "Texas" during the Civil War. All on different rail lines. All different wheelbases. Most burned wood. A few burned coal. It's really interesting.

Apparently a "GOOGLE" search yields different results than a "YAHOO" or "BING" search. I honestly don't know if the Museum is really around or isn't around anymore.

Apparently a "GOOGLE" search yields different results than a "YAHOO" or "BING" search. I honestly don't know if the Museum is really around or isn't around anymore.

I did a Google search and came back with Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum. Maybe that's who you talked to.

May have been. I have been known to find things other's never even thought of before or knew about. Also, search engines give me different results than other folks. I'm not saying it is one way or another. It's just how life throws things at me.

1081 is an old 2-6-2 oil burning steam engine here in Brownwood, Texas that was set on a siding and his boiler, firebox, piston housing, tender, steam and salt dome, were filled with salt water. All levers, valves, etc... were welded closed. His firebox is welded shut too. Bring him back from the dead please!!

Back