Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

1. No, a CW44-9 is not nearly the "same thing".
2. That's an SD60M, no an SD60.

SRS has made both UP and BNSF patched Cascade green SD60M Triclops engines, but you'll need to get them on the internet wayback machine. Check the thread entitled "SRS back to Trainz with SD60Ms". There should be a post in the 6th page or a bit later that gives the link for the archive. With the C40-8W already in some of the modern schemes, I don't think we'll have long to wait before someone at JR releases a UP C40-8W. Would anyone at JR comment on the likelihood of a UP C40-8W being done up at some point?

SRS has made both UP and BNSF patched Cascade green SD60M Triclops engines, but you'll need to get them on the internet wayback machine. Check the thread entitled "SRS back to Trainz with SD60Ms". There should be a post in the 6th page or a bit later that gives the link for the archive. With the C40-8W already in some of the modern schemes, I don't think we'll have long to wait before someone at JR releases a UP C40-8W. Would anyone at JR comment on the likelihood of a UP C40-8W being done up at some point?
No, I was referring to the spartan cab SD60. UP has tons of em, and they would almost finish UP 1990's collection off

10959883_10203441148301493_2470490235632008763_n.jpg

Why? (ten)

The team was discussing yesterday how it looks like a real life Paintshed skin. It was supposedly RI-inspired but has next to nothing in common with the real scheme. Maybe if you squint there's a little resemblance, but it's not even close to what it could have been.

They also are capable of a lot better then this. They did a beautiful job with 513 and there regular scheme is one of the nicest in the U.S. The 516 is just atrocious, knowing what is based off of, good idea horrible execution.

I can guarantee that IAIS McGEVO will never be made.

I second that. That looks like a McDonalds promotion locomotive horribly disguised as a fake RI engine. The GEVO they have in the red, silver and black is a far better and far nicer looking engine, and I'd suggest that one in place of this for the IAIS heritage engine.

I second that. That looks like a McDonalds promotion locomotive horribly disguised as a fake RI engine. The GEVO they have in the red, silver and black is a far better and far nicer looking engine, and I'd suggest that one in place of this for the IAIS heritage engine.

We already have that one.

Ah I see. I thought JR already made the Spartan-cab SD60. I recall seeing one on their website.

There's a UP SD50 but not a 60. You'll probably see more of those when the models get their much-needed update.

While looking through JR's pay ware pages desperately searching for something to spend my money on, it occurred to me, there are no Southern Pacific SD45's in the inventory. I find that a bit odd.

While looking through JR's pay ware pages desperately searching for something to spend my money on, it occurred to me, there are no Southern Pacific SD45's in the inventory. I find that a bit odd.
Well, the SP SD45 is built in in TS12, just not the Speedlettering version.

The team was discussing yesterday how it looks like a real life Paintshed skin. It was supposedly RI-inspired but has next to nothing in common with the real scheme. Maybe if you squint there's a little resemblance, but it's not even close to what it could have been.
If it's wanted enough I'll release this one on a GEvo model:

e73a7c769f6da9652cb1be90584aa9a0.jpg

...but don't expect the joke of a paint job they threw together to come to fruition.

Thank you, how quickly I forget. Five versions to be exact and no speed lettering, that's a good thing, speed letting is way too modern.

Speed lettering might be too modern, but for someone that grew up with SP in the backyard, running up and down the peninsula all day and night, I'd welcome speed lettering versions, and also UP patched ones. Need more SP patched to UP, and AC4400 SP units. Then all will be GRAND!

Speed lettering might be too modern, but for someone that grew up with SP in the backyard, running up and down the peninsula all day and night, I'd welcome speed lettering versions, and also UP patched ones. Need more SP patched to UP, and AC4400 SP units. Then all will be GRAND!

You might be the person to ask: What year was the speed lettering introduced? My guess is the early 90's, but I have no idea. I do my best to model the mid 60's to the mid 70's, but it can be a challenge.

Regards,

Back