Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

SD90MACs would be sweet to have in trainz! I would love em... especially in UP Paint... (Yes, I am hardcore UP before I am BNSF, NS, and CSX)

I think Diesel is the best.

They're both the best! They both helped to make America what it is today.. Thanks to both steam and diesel locomotives! They will forever be a part of American heritage!

Last edited:
This...

GMD600.jpg

• GM-DH1

Last edited:
I'm an all Steam fan, but have come to appreciate the (what would you call that design anyway???) .... , the F-series, and of course the good old GG-1.

I can deal with the GPs, SDs, etc, but they do nothing for me.....

We definitely need more electric, especially AEM-7, Acela, or M.U. sets, though I'd appreciate anything. I'm pretty well dieseled-out and there is enough great steam out there, though I certainly wouldn't mind more.

I for one would really like to see some Snoot Nose locomotives, especially UP's rebuilt 1600-1700 class 116" nose SD40N's with the new JR features. Those would be really awesome.

I for one would really like to see some Snoot Nose locomotives, especially UP's rebuilt 1600-1700 class 116" nose SD40N's with the new JR features. Those would be really awesome.
These and SP's SD40T-2's with the snoot noses are personal favorites. Someday.

What's the obsession with diesels that have very little differences between them? Here's a SD45-2:
2757832756_798b3fb799_z.jpg

And an SD40-2 (already made by JR)
UP3197.JPG

The only difference are the grill things on the side. How about an A4 Pacific? We still have to put up with the TRS2004 one.
union_of_south_africa_butcher_july08_470x336.jpg

:udrool:
Almost certainly the best-looking thing on wheels...ever

These and SP's SD40T-2's with the snoot noses are personal favorites. Someday.

I had read in the book Locomotive 2012 about the UP SD40N rebuilds. The engineer said he had operated nearly every UP EMD and GE Unit since the late 1970's and he said the SD40N's are basically just brand new SD40-2's. Nothing has really changed besides updated circuitry and added cab air conditioners. I may not like UP but these SD40's sure have caught my eye.

What's the obsession with diesels that have very little differences between them? Here's a SD45-2:
2757832756_798b3fb799_z.jpg

And an SD40-2 (already made by JR)
UP3197.JPG

The only difference are the grill things on the side.

And the Horn? not the same place mate. Also the SD45 have and A/c Unit on its roof and has no beacon on it compare to the SD40-2 And without saying that the SD45 doesnt have marker/class lights on the nose. Also the rear light are not the same. and the numberboards at the rear....

Want me to continue the list? ;)

Not to mention that UP 2736 is not even a SD45-2, but rather a SD45 rebuilt into a SD40-M2. I understand where he's coming from though as I just recently started picking up on the not so minor details between diesel locomotive models.

Yeah,and just because they both have the name SD-4XXXX, doesn't mean they are the same either.

An SD40-2 has quite a lot of mechanical differences than say the SD40T-2.

Back