Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

new gevos that look like the athearn genesis line with features that the dash 9s have. I will not pay 10.00 for outdated junk with no cab.

Acting like that won't make them update their older models any faster, buddy.

On a more on-topic note, I'd love to see some more eastern content particularly more PRR/PC/CR Locos and rolling stock. Thanks for the updated ALCos, guys!

Last edited:
If I were them I would NEVER update them because of that comment. Learn blender, be polite, or LEAVE THE FORUM. A combination of the three could also work.
Now, for a suggestion, some F3s, maybe in PRR, NYC, ATSF, etc...

Last edited:
Now that the SD45-2s are created lets see some NS and CR ones and also wouldn't mind seeing some SD60I's in NS and CR aswell.

I believe Mr. Yutz has quite a few pics of one in NS paint, I mean I should know since I was standing next to him taking my own pics!
TJ

I believe Mr. Yutz has quite a few pics of one in NS paint, I mean I should know since I was standing next to him taking my own pics!
TJ

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about......:D:D Theyll be out in due time for sure....

How about the one of a kind(literally only one produced, GM92) SD89MAC?
FR_GM92.jpg
Two of a kind actually, GM91 was an SD89 too (I think. Pic:http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2009262) The problem is, where are they going to get a enginesound for an EMD 265H? No one has those things running anymore. I think the SD89's are scrap, and most of the 90MAC-H's are either rusting away or have been scrapped as well. And I'm sure that they can totally just randomly rent a SD90MAC-H. I simply don't see it happening. They are really cool units though, I've thought more than once about making them myself.

*Ignoring the sarcasm* It's jointed rail, they own a f****** rail-side campground! Even if they can't find a SD90MAC-H they will find a way!

not exactly, I recall seeing a posting on some website that was selling off SD90MACs with the true 265 engine, but it was for a very hefty price tag, I think somewhere around 5-600,000 bucks. That was a while ago too, so I don't think they're still around.

I would REALLY love to see JR make the CSX Track Geometry car set (CSX Passenger Car #994364 and CSX TGC2) and the CSX GP40-2 (#6025) which seems to be the ONLY engine ever pulling this 2-car MOW train around the country.

CSXT6025.jpg

CSXT6025a.jpg

not exactly, I recall seeing a posting on some website that was selling off SD90MACs with the true 265 engine, but it was for a very hefty price tag, I think somewhere around 5-600,000 bucks. That was a while ago too, so I don't think they're still around.
I was just looking around youtube... As of April of this year GM91 has been hanging around Mid American Car. There is also a few recordings of the things out there (they sound freaking wierd!) but not enough for an engine sound. I seem to also remember seeing somewhere that there was an ex-NS (nee conrail) C39-8 still in blue for like $175,000. Just thought it looked cool.

7073711733_ab97deacd6_z.jpg

BR Prototype diesel No. HS4000 "Kestrel". A bit of a long shot, but you can't say no to the most beautiful diesel locomotive in the world...
brcwlionyard.jpg

Another obscure prototype, D0260 "Lion". Another long shot...
45136_Toton_77_oldbuff.jpg

BR Class 45.
Engine_10000_(Wonder_Book_of_Engineering_Wonders,_1931).jpg

LNER W1 Class 4-6-4 No.10000. I will eat all of my figurative hats if JR do the sole W1...
8134157061_f72f42718e_z.jpg

Needs no introduction.
P2-2001.jpg

LNER P2 2-8-2, of which only six were built. The first two carried smoke deflectors and were not streamlined as per the above image, but the others had full streamlining. The first two were eventually similarly fitted:
Cock_O_The_North.jpg

p1_2394.gif

LNER P1 2-8-2. Only two were built, and were scrapped in the forties.
BTW I don't expect JR to do any of these for a while, but they must run out of identikit modern US diesels to build one day, surely?

Besides 100 hp what's the difference between a C40-8 and a C39-8E (watch the JR crew blow me away). If there's no real differences someone could always skin a C40-8 as a C39-8E.

Back