Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

So I thought maybe I'd add a few that some probably would never had thought of! :D

How bout GE's ORIGINAL B40-8W, the B39-8W #809.
GE809.jpg

I KNOW IT IS UGLY..but hey Modern EMD power right?
pictures\62963\4000_4001.JPG

I have to agree with jjanmarine3. South African steamers would be wonderful. Perhaps a 15F class?

For sure nathanmallard - a special locomotive that
I have the Red Devil, 34200 diesel and 6E electric unit and a few coaches only .
RSA Trainz has quite a few assets progress , excellent quality coming there, I can't wait .... Have you checked out the Trainz Afrikaans thread ?

I would like to see locomotives where only the demostrators was the only locomotives of their type produced (i.e. BL20-2) or one that you stays in a small area.
Allow me to give you some examples of the latter:
Norfolk Southern's Caterpillar-Powered PR43C's, who seem to stay in Alabama, based on recent pictures of them. I would especially like the original three. They look like SD60's that had its radiator section replaced with one from a SD80MAC, SD90MAC SD70ACe and SD70M-2.
Metro-North and Connecticut Department of Transportation BL20GH, made by Brookville Equipment Company
New Jersey Transit's Alstom-built PL42AC's
And for the demostrators:
Only one: Morrison-Knudsen's (now Motive-Power Industries) 5,000hp MK5000C, all six locomotives; both with the original Caterpillar engine and the EMD 645 engines that replaced the original engines which also included replacing the original long hood with the long hood of an Australian-built SD50S. They are now in use on hauling coal trains on the Utah Railway.
One more; my favorite railroad rebuild: Santa Fe's CF7's, F units rebuilt into hood locomotives built at the railroad's Cleburne (Texas) shops. They're popular with shortlines now.

I agree BCR C44-9Ws, CN SD70M-2s, MRL SD70ACes are all very nice choices. Along with some Ferromex ES44ACs and SD70ACes. All could be made off existing and in production models possibly.

BDP, I still have the CN SD70M-2. If you can find me a modeler to do some stuff, I'll be able to finish it.

the problem with CNR and CPR engines its there Canadian Safety cab. it differs a LOT from USA ones. for exemple current ES44 need huge modifications to meet the CPR one :p or SD40-2, same problem. at least SD90-H/43MAC are the same has Americans ones

I agree BCR C44-9Ws, CN SD70M-2s, MRL SD70ACes are all very nice choices. Along with some Ferromex ES44ACs and SD70ACes. All could be made off existing and in production models possibly.
only thing with BCR is you would have to add two extra headlights

As far as new locomotives go I'd like to see GE AC locomotives like the AC4400CW or even an AC6000CW. The AC400CW would be the more important of the two since there are thousands of them active today on just about every Class 1 from Canada all the way down to Mexico. Other than that it would be cool to see more fallen flag skins of current models. B&O, C&O, N&W, SOU, ATSF, and so on. I know it's probably more exciting for people to get an entirely new model, but reskins are great too.

Some GP9's and GP7's would be nice. Have them in Class I schemes of today's railroads, i mean the AC400CW is the work horse of today. The GP9 and GP7 where the workhorses from back in the day.

Jclamx55, even thought I live miles away from from Emporium and Oil City, I see these engines alot. My dad and I love to hunt up there. I know were meadville is! The modles by Octls2 are nice, and I enjoy their sound but just imagine what JointedRail could do.

Last edited:
Back