Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

Anymore Gp35 variants planned?
3098809963_4fee8852e8_b.jpg

KRR_3803_model_MP_GP35m_locomotive_picture.jpg

12168514106_317a59a343_b.jpg

pictures%5C7219%5CWAMX%203823%20GP35%20La%20Port,%20TX%20Nov%208,%202008%20900.jpg

I would love some generic, unmarked RC or non-RC Alco industrial switchers, like this, for example:
19890610_01.jpg

Sorry for the big pic, it was one I found on the internet.
19890710_15.jpg
1040a.jpg

Last edited:
How about the export version of the RSD-1, the RSX-1? The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum has two RSX-1's, but they're both down. One has a blown turbo and the other needs a complete rewiring. Even though it's listed as an RSD-1, I've checked the builders plate on one of them and it is, in fact, an RSX-1. If I had to get one of them operating, I'd do the one with the blown turbo, because of the price of copper these days. I will also note that a volunteer told me, after inquiring about the RSX-1's, that they more fuel efficient than the Geeps. The difference between an RSD and an RSX can be seen with the cab and trucks: The cab is shorter and is angled inwards to fit into tighter loading gauges and the trucks are designed to have the wheels on the axles be moved to fit different gauges.
Pictures of the TVRM's RSX-1 #8669:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=189139&nseq=2

Last edited:
The Texas State Railroad has one MRS3 ex army and one RS2 that both run. Models of both as well as an RSD1/3 would be pretty cool to see in Trainz.

I'm curious: I've never heard of an MRS-3. What makes it that?

The RSX-1 is what I'm calling RSD-1. The only true RSD-1s then (without the export cab) were built for NdeM.

Would you guys consider some torpedo-boat Geeps in the near future; or even some GN (Omaha Orange/Pullman Green) long hood-forward Geeps?

A GN high hood would be great. I love the SD45 from JR that is Omaha orange and pullman green, but it's a chop nose and I already have some PRR chop noses, so I would adore a long hood/high hood in GN paint, I would buy it right away, as I would any new SOU high hood.

Saturnr

I looked around the forums one night and i heard whispers of a render of an LS&I RSD15. Is there any of these brutes in line for releasing? And are there any GN Empire Builder or Big Sky Blue units planned? There's almost no GN content available except for Trainboi's GN steamers. I'm really hoping a GN F45 is in the works, preferably in Big Sky Blue.

I looked around the forums one night and i heard whispers of a render of an LS&I RSD15. Is there any of these brutes in line for releasing? And are there any GN Empire Builder or Big Sky Blue units planned? There's almost no GN content available except for Trainboi's GN steamers. I'm really hoping a GN F45 is in the works, preferably in Big Sky Blue.

Matt had an old RSD-15 mesh, but he's passed the responsibility for making one to me. I do also have a big sky blue engine started.

I put this in the no loco left behind thread, but figured and engine this beautiful belonged in both threads.
d9d0ae0f19e7588de9b7209b36ca9d32.jpg

This is the N&W 1776, an SD45 boldly painted to honor the heritage. It was just a standard dual control SD45 which was overhauled and repainted bicentennial. You could use the normal N&W SD45 and possibly modify the ATSF bicentennial scheme.

Saturnr

Last edited:
Back