Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

We could use other locomotives from other railroads than just the major railroads (ex: Southern, Southern Pacific, Union Pacific, etc.) Examples of other railroads would be Wisconsin Central, Wisconsin and Southern, and the Duluth, Missabe and Iron Range.
showimage.php

showimage.php

showimage.php

We could use other locomotives from other railroads than just the major railroads (ex: Southern, Southern Pacific, Union Pacific, etc.) Examples of other railroads would be Wisconsin Central, Wisconsin and Southern, and the Duluth, Missabe and Iron Range.
showimage.php

showimage.php

showimage.php

We DFW residents could use some FWWR...maybe a GP38-2?

I got a couple espee related ideas.
First, to compliment the recent SD45u, I nominate the Southern Pacific counterpart, the SD45R:
SP%207400.JPG

And second, to round out the Tunnel Motor fleet, the SD45T-2R:

7430.1263699731.jpg

In general I really just wanna see some later-era SP stuff, like SD40R's, SD40M-2s, or any of the tunnel motor variants after they had the gyra lites removed.
Maybe we could get some speed lettering? pretty much all of the current models could be remade in late-90s speed lettering appearance and all us SP guys would buy them all again.
SP%209328%20Orem,Utah%2012-3-1995.jpg

One last one: D&RGW SD45s, also something that would compliment recent releases imo, as these guys were often seen with ATSF and/or SP units nearby.

5327_drgw-sd45-tony_madieros.jpg

I believe I’ve seen renders of D&RGW SD45’s, so keep a look out! As for anything late-era SP, add some Kodachrome schemes on top of that, and an SD40-2 with a full light package.

I believe I’ve seen renders of D&RGW SD45’s, so keep a look out! As for anything late-era SP, add some Kodachrome schemes on top of that, and an SD40-2 with a full light package.

You mean this?

<kuid2:45324:100098:3> ATSF C30-7 (SPSF)
<kuid2:45324:100142:1> ATSF SD45 (SPSF)
<kuid2:45324:300015:1> SP C50-9 Caboose (SPSF)
<kuid2:45324:100169:1> SP SD40T-2 (SPSF)
<kuid2:45324:100168:1> SP SD45R (SPSF)

You mean this?

<kuid2:45324:100098:3> ATSF C30-7 (SPSF)
<kuid2:45324:100142:1> ATSF SD45 (SPSF)
<kuid2:45324:300015:1> SP C50-9 Caboose (SPSF)
<kuid2:45324:100169:1> SP SD40T-2 (SPSF)
<kuid2:45324:100168:1> SP SD45R (SPSF)

I have all of those, but I mean things like SD40-2's, SD40T-2R's, SD40R's and SD45T-2R's with kodachrome and speed lettering jobs.

I got a couple espee related ideas.
First, to compliment the recent SD45u, I nominate the Southern Pacific counterpart, the SD45R:

And second, to round out the Tunnel Motor fleet, the SD45T-2R:

7430.1263699731.jpg

In general I really just wanna see some later-era SP stuff, like SD40R's, SD40M-2s, or any of the tunnel motor variants after they had the gyra lites removed.
Maybe we could get some speed lettering? pretty much all of the current models could be remade in late-90s speed lettering appearance and all us SP guys would buy them all again.

One last one: D&RGW SD45s, also something that would compliment recent releases imo, as these guys were often seen with ATSF and/or SP units nearby.

5327_drgw-sd45-tony_madieros.jpg
I'd love to see some lobotomized SP units

Honestly, I believe the reason JR doesn't really do shortline power is because there is so many shortlines, but I could be wrong. Anyways, I'd like to see a MILW GP40-2. USLW made one (and I fixed it for personal use), but it doesn't really look good next to the GP38-2's or GP9's. Therefore, a MILW GP40-2 would make good sense.
Milw%202023-Rcraig2.jpg

Maybe U-Boats too.
6431.1055633400.jpg

Last edited:
Hi The Most Respectable Great JointedRail Team .

I always Love and like for your Stuff Specially GE CN C40-8,CR C30-7 ,GP9.SD7 and many more Thanks and thanks My big wish i purchase GE C39-8 and GE U25C for your website but i have problem .i have no paypal account .i have only visa card
So i hope in future i purchase many models to your website .
in last Allah (God) give you a Long Life to MR Justin Cornell He is True living legend and he is the best and i know him a long time

Love you all
Sufi Abid hussain from pakistan

Last edited:
Related note, the ATSF did order ~10 SD40-2's with a unique light package for (supposedly) running on certain SP routes. IIRC they were numbered 5060-5069, built in 1979. The extra light package was removed in the late 80's afaik. Would be something neat for sure.
Actually, I believe a few were painted in Kodachrome, and when I looked at a photo in my SPSF Power in Color book, they still had the light package.

Do you know how stupid this sounds?

Violation of Code of Conduct Rules #13 and #16:
13. Submitting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, antagonistic or made simply with the intent to provoke disruption to the forum. "Trolling" and baiting will not be tolerated. Messages must show respect for other forum members taking into account that people of all ages and cultures participate on these forums. Trolling is deemed to include messages aimed to incite disruption or stir up trouble, without any attempt to contribute positive suggestions or comments.
16. Submitting messages that personally attack, insult, threaten, criticise, harass or are clearly disrespectful of the opinions of other forum participants, moderators or staff. This means, if you are engaging in debates that involve discussing, questioning or disputing the opinions and views of others, you are required to do so in a civil manner and ensure that your messages are relevant and on-topic and not personal. This rule does not preclude messages that are critical or questioning in nature. It does, however, require that you avoid commenting on the person's character and carefully consider the tone in such messages to ensure that it is polite and respectful.
EDIT: Yes, I reported you for this post.

Last edited:
I think JR needs a MoPac SD40-2. They could create two versions: a standard one with a skin changer that cycled between the large eagle on the side and the as-delivered scheme, and a SD40-2c that has dynamics and a gyralite. Here’s a few images:

MP3092.jpg

MP3303_OmahaNE_84.jpg

mp3227.jpg

Back